AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEPROJECT

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sgsawdy
3417 Views, 7 Replies

AEPROJECT

Has anyone else run into this problem after installing ACADE 2009? If I use any profile except for the default profile I get this error.

"Unknown command "AEPROJECT". Press F1 for help."

Which of course does not work because whatever "AEPROJECT" requires to work is also required by HELP. I have all the files as it works with the <<ACADE>> profile and I have checked my paths to make sure I included the ones listed in the default profile.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Scott

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sgsawdy

Scott,

I have not seen this exact error, but I think I can
tell you why you are getting it.  The command AEPROJECT is the command that
loads the Acade Project Manager.  In profiles other then ACADE, the support
paths could be set differently and the Acade modules will not get loaded, so the
command does not exist.  This should not hurt anything if you are not
wanting to run any of the electrical commands.

Steve

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Has anyone else run into this problem after installing ACADE 2009? If I
use any profile except for the default profile I get this
error.

"Unknown command "AEPROJECT". Press F1 for
help."

Which of course does not work because whatever
"AEPROJECT" requires to work is also required by HELP. I have all the files as
it works with the <<ACADE>> profile and I have checked my paths to
make sure I included the ones listed in the default
profile.

Any ideas or suggestions are
welcome.

Scott

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I have the same problem, the command does not work, and I can not find the project manager. Do I have to install ACADE in addition to AutoCAD electrical, or what is the solution? Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Just a W.A.G. here, but try going to the Workspace Switching box in the bottom of the Acad-e window and re-pick your workspace. That "might" clear it up. I have not seen this error, but at least in 2010 the menu settings are profile-specific. You can have ribbons in one, and classic icons in another. Anyway - give it a shot.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am having the same problem. AutoCAD Electrical 2011 will not allow me to open the project manager, even though I was able to open this last week. I have not changed any of my settings or workspace since then.

Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

Is the electrical.cui loaded?

Type menuload and check it but I suppose it is.

Ernesto Fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

Message 7 of 8
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

When you start AcadE do you get any errors on the command line regarding the loading of the modules?

Make sure the folders are listed in the AutoCAD Options > Files tab > Support File Search Path. These are added by default but if something changed it can cause AutoCAD Electrcial to not find the wd_load.lsp that it needs to load the settings and modules.

For example on a standalone install you should see -

C:\program files\autodesk\acade {version}\acade

C:\documents and settings\all users\documents\autodesk\acade {version}\support\

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\application data\autodesk\autocad electrical {version}\r18.2\enu\support

C:\program files\autodesk\acade {version}\support

... and more

If these are not there I would suggst a repair on your install.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Yes, as AE 2011 was loading, I would not see these messages that you listed and the error that I mentioned before was showing "ACE_GETACTIVEPROJECT".

I tried the repair, and was confident that that would fix everything, but as I loaded AE 2011 for the first time again, I had the same error message!

So I solved this by totally uninstalling AutoCAD Electrical 2011 and re-installing it. This finally worked and I was able to run the program as well as the same .dwg files that I had previously saved in AE 2011.

What a headache!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost