AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEINTERNALJUMPER

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
David_S_Barrow
221 Views, 1 Reply

AEINTERNALJUMPER

Why when I want to create an internal jumper on a symbol and I use the tool on the ribbon it will only work on terminals. But when I use the command line entry for the same command it works on other symbols?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

There are 2 commands that are pretty similar and it looks like the icons for them are almost identical. The AEINTERNALJUMPER command is on the ribbon on the Schematic tab > Edit Components panel > Edit Component drop-down. Label on it says Internal Jumper. This commands lets you jumper two pins within the same component together. You can select any type of schematic component.

The other command is AEJUMPER (Edit Jumper command) and is on the Schematic tab > Edit Components panel > expand the panel. This command is meant for jumpering together 2 or more separate terminals. It only lets you select terminals for this.

Maybe on the ribbon you are selecting the AEJUMPER command when you really want the AEINTERNALJUMPER command?

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost