AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE2005 SS to PLC read problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jschauer
227 Views, 3 Replies

AE2005 SS to PLC read problem

Could someone at Autodesk please try to import the attached test spreadsheet under AutoCAD Electrical 2005 using the SS --> PLC routine to see if you get the AutoCAD error mesage as follows:

Command:
Sheet: 'Governor DO$' record count: 93
Sheet: 'Gov DO Header (Hold)$' record count: 70
Sheet: 'Gov DO Header (Hold)$'_
Program error...bad argument type: fixnump: nil
Command:

This message appears after selecting the "Spreadsheet / Table Columns" button on "Settings" dialog.

We do not get this message when we tested it under AE 2004. Instead we get the normal "Table Insert" selection dialog box.

I've attached the test spreadsheet and a .doc file that further details the problem.

-JS
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rstein
in reply to: jschauer

JS,
However I am not from Autodesk, I did indeed get the same error you were getting. I ran a few tests, all with the same results except for one. I was able to copy all the cells into a new excel file, then save it. At that point you can then use the SS>plc utility. I hope this helps.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I don't know why it is choking on your spreadsheet. But the SS-->PLC I/O routine is provided in full-source format for users to customize. You can go into your copy of c:\program files\autodesk\acade 2004\support\wdio.lsp and make this change to try to bypass where the program is choking when it's reading your spreadsheet. Open with any ASCII text editor (ex: wordpad.exe). Look for this snippet of code in your copy of wdio.lsp and add in the one line as shown: (foreach tab tabnams (princ (strcat "\n" (c:wd_msg "SWAP030" nil "Sheet:") " ")) (princ tab) (setq x (wd_mdb_GetRecCount GBL_wdio_ff tab)) (if (not x)(setq x 0)) ;;; <<== add in this line (princ (c:wd_msg "SWAP031" nil ", record count=")) (princ x) (if (AND x (> x 2)) (progn (setq tabs_with_data (cons tab tabs_with_data)) ) ) ) See if this resolves the your problem with your spreadsheet. If it doesn't, flip your spreadsheet's column "I" from integer numbe format to "char text". "jschauer" wrote in message news:14529436.1091743803929.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Could someone at Autodesk please try to import the attached test spreadsheet under AutoCAD Electrical 2005 using the SS --> PLC routine to see if you get the AutoCAD error mesage as follows: > > Command: > Sheet: 'Governor DO$' record count: 93 > Sheet: 'Gov DO Header (Hold)$' record count: 70 > Sheet: 'Gov DO Header (Hold)$'_ > Program error...bad argument type: fixnump: nil > Command: > > This message appears after selecting the "Spreadsheet / Table Columns" button on "Settings" dialog. > > We do not get this message when we tested it under AE 2004. Instead we get the normal "Table Insert" selection dialog box. > > I've attached the test spreadsheet and a .doc file that further details the problem. > > -JS
Message 4 of 4
jschauer

Thanks to both of you for your feedback on this topic.

Nate, I implemented the suggested code string and the glitch has been rectified as a result.

Rob, Thanks also for your input, that was a logical workaround as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost