AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 2010 Update 1 - Invalid Win32 Application

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
452 Views, 4 Replies

AE 2010 Update 1 - Invalid Win32 Application

I have XP Proffessional to SP 2. The OS is 32 bit. I downloaded the proper Update 1 file from the Autodesk website and I keep getting the error: ... is not a valid Win32 Application.
Other people in my group at work that have this version of 2010 did not have problems with the update.
I tried using Internet Explorer and Firefox to download and I am almost sure the file in not corrupt, although it is a possibility.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found out that the installation our company uses has Update 1 already streamed into it.
So when the update program tries to run, it recognizes that the update has already been applied. But, instead of informing the user that the update is already installed, it displays the error that "the application is an invalid win32 application".
I tried to find out what update level my AE was at before I went through all this, by looking up the About screen. But the update level is no longer shown. You have to be able to understand the version code to know what update level you are at. I don't know where to find that information.
Message 3 of 5
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello mkeil,

In better to help me understand what problem you met and try to help you out, do you mind I ask you some questions below? Thank you very much.

1. Whether your co-workers use the same installation package supported by your company's CAD Manager, but they didn't meet same issue as you met? Are they using x32bit OS or x64bit OS?
2. Whether you install the product from the deployment image created by the CAD Manager who has made the Update 1 as part of the installation? Or you install the ACADE 2010 from DVD by yourself directly?
3. Whether the ACADE 2010 Update1 you downloaded from website and update your ACADE 2010 is 32bit one or 64bit one?
1) ace2010_swl_update1.exe (This is for x32 bit OS with 32bit ACADE 2010)
2) ace2010_swl_update1_x64.exe (This is for x64 bit OS with 64bit ACADE 2010)
From your message, I understand you are using XP x32bit OS, but for your co-workers who tried with the same update downloaded by you worked well, whether they are using x64 bit OS with x64bit ACADE 2010?

Best regards,
Helen
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Helen,

Let me see if I can clear up any confusion and answer your questions.
-Myself and my co-workers all use XP 32 bit.
-We all applied ace2010_swl_update1.exe which was downloaded from the Autodesk website.
-AutoCAD was not installed by DVD, but by two network deployments made by our CAD manager. One in August and one in December.
-In the August deployment, Update 1 was NOT included.
-In the December deployment, Update1 WAS included.
-I was apart of the December deployment and my co-workers were apart of the August deployment.

We didn't know that Update 1 was included in the December deployment.
Usually you can see what Update level your AutoCAD is at by finding your way to the "Product Information" screen through the "About AutoCAD" screen.
But that was taken away in the 2010 version, or moved, I am not sure.

If you have any more questions, I work at Rockwell Automation and my e-mail is in the attached GIF image.
Message 5 of 5
HelenChen-Autodesk

Dear Mkeil,

Thank you very much for your detailed information, it makes me clear about your scenarios now.
I will email you if I need more information. Thank you.

Best regards,
Helen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost