AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjustable signal source arrows

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
allaboutmotion
391 Views, 7 Replies

adjustable signal source arrows

Please let me know anyone if you have been able to figure out how to get the hexagon to fit all of the text if your source arrow feeds multiple wires.  I have been trying to figure this out and there must be a way to get the hexagon to adjust width to fit all the destinations.  Please help as my project is due tomorrow afternoon and right now it looks like a mess.  Please let me know how to set this up or send me what you have already set up so I can save it in.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This has been hashed out before: it is a bad practice to have one source/many destinations even though ACE allows it. You are better off to either show multiple soureces on the current page goiing to each destination or "chain" the source/destination pairs across several drawings. As far as I know, there is no way to dynamically adjust the size of the code cartoon for multiple destinations.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 8

The customer now wants the to-from's without hexagons!  The destinations must still come from one source, making the text way too long to look appropriate.  Is there a way to get the text to start a new line in the source signal?

Message 4 of 8
sonny3g
in reply to: allaboutmotion

You should be able to change the reference line into a multi-text entity.  Go to Compontents\Cross Referencing and select Change Cross Reference to Multi-line text.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 5 of 8
testsubject
in reply to: sonny3g

Scott,

That is pretty cool. I never had a need for this but it is good to know. It goes to show you can always learn something new...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 8

I am using Electrical 2012 and the only options that my Component Cross-Reference Display gives me is:

Text Format

Graphical Format

or Table Format.

It does give me a setup menu to click, but there are no options to change to multi-line text.

Message 7 of 8
sonny3g
in reply to: allaboutmotion

You are accessing it from Drawing Properties.  Don't do it there, go to the menu bar to access it.  It can also be found in the Ribbon in the Schematic panel under Component Cross Reference drop down.

Good luck.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 8 of 8

DUH.... Thank you so much.  I just assumed Properties was the way to go.

Thanks again!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost