AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding to default Catalog in AcadE 2013, bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MTSII
282 Views, 2 Replies

Adding to default Catalog in AcadE 2013, bug?

Is this still a bug?

The default Catalog does not update when installing additional Manufacturers Catalogs in ACADE 2013.

Is there a solution or workaround?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MTSII
in reply to: MTSII

Ok, seeing as no one can supply a quick answer, let me ask this. If installed on a second machine with the desired manufacturers selected during install. Can you simply cut and paste the default_cat.mdb into the first machine?

I do not want to reinstall on first machine, too many custom features.

This problem is holding me up. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
algerj
in reply to: MTSII

Hi MTSII,

Yes you can copy the database over from a working machine.

Not sure why you are having issues adding the manufacturers from the add/ remove features in the Control panel.

I have installed the manufacturers from the 2013 media for clients hundreds of times and I have only seen issues with Anti Virus (AVG specifically), Windows UAC, and Domain Admins (that were not true admins).

I have seen corrupt downloads a number of times but it won't even install the product if that's the case.

I would suggest Disabling the Anti-virus, make sure the UAC is set to nothing, and make sure you are using a local admin (which is what all installs should be done with)

Sorry IT guys that want to control everything, but that's the truth unless the domain admin is a Full Admin on the Machine, it just won't install things properly. ( I Don't mean this to be harsh, but I hate that companies lock everything down to the point you can't even install the products you need to do your work.)

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost