AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding sheet no. and sheet reference to the tabular terminal strip

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CAD-ICE
716 Views, 5 Replies

Adding sheet no. and sheet reference to the tabular terminal strip

Hi there,

has anyone figured out how to add the sheet no. and the reference to the tabular terminal strip (see attached image).

I´m looking for a way to add these fields into the table for instance the ACE-TS-METRIC...any ideas ?

Thank´s in advance.

Regards, Gary

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CAD-ICE
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi it´s me again.

maybe I haven´t been clear enough describing what I´m trying to accomplish.

Anyway, when inserting a terminal strip from the layout preview tab in the terminal strip editior I can choose the Tabular Terminal Strip (Table Object) layout and from there select a table Style. So far so good...but when I want to define columns I would like to have the page no. and sheet reference as available fields which they are not. So my question is, is there some way of adding these fields into the Table style ?

I´m sure someone out there has a solution to this...please respond. 

Thank´s in advance.

Regards, Gary

Message 3 of 6
CAD-ICE

Hi it´s me again!

I was hoping that someone at Autodesk could give a hint on this one....since nobody else cares?

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 6
dougmcalexander

I'm not from Autodesk, but I will acknowledge your request.  I assume that you must be using sequential tagging.  If tagging your components based upon %S%F%N (IEC style) or %F%S%N (NFPA style) or %S%N%F (alternate NFPA style) you get the sheet number and reference number in the tag, so separate fields for the report are redundant.  In fact many in the U.S. don't even include the sheet value (%S) for ladder rung based tagging if the first number(s) of their rung number (a.k.a. line reference number) is the sheet number.  If you are tagging sequentially then your component tag will not give a clue as to the sheet and reference number, so you would need the Sheet and Ref data available as separate fields for your report.  This might be done with a post-process LISP routine, but of course it would be nice if Autodesk would add this data as available fields to report.

The attached PDF is an example of a terminal summary using a tabular report.  With IEC style tagging the sheet and reference number are understood.  The first number in the tag is sheet, followed by family (i.e. Q, F, K, X, S, etc.), followed by the reference number.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
CAD-ICE
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hello Dough and thank´s for acknowlegding.

I see where you are heading and I appreciate that in some cases the tagname can be used if the sheet no is automatically attached to the tagname. I was actually hoping that there was a shortcut somehow to add the fields for sheet no and reference into the available fields selection since the information is already stored in the database.

I agree with you it would be nice if Autodesk would add this data as available fields to report but it would be even nicer if they would incorporate a tool to configure the reports such that users could select fields already available in the database to report.

Thank´s again for helping out and have a nice weekend.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
dougmcalexander

A similar tool is already in the software, but it adds user-defined attributes to the available fields to report.  If you are good with LISP you can probably edit the post-process file and extract the Sheet and Ref data as a post-process.  There are 3 post-process options for each type of report.  Click User Post.  The name of the file to edit will appear at the command line.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost