AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Price to Bill of Material Report

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
faraj1357
911 Views, 6 Replies

Adding Price to Bill of Material Report

I m using Autocad Electrical 2012 SP1 and i wanna know how can i add the price of items to the report generated by Autocad for the BOM. i need to do it in Excel. i can generate a report in Excel format but i couldn't find any field for the price. how can add that field and how can modify the Excel file generated by report so it always has the format i want, i dont want to modify the Excel file everytime after generating report.

thank you in advance for taking time.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
metal_pro2
in reply to: faraj1357

Don't add a field just edit the component catalog Data and use one of the existing "USER 1, 2, or 3" fields for your price Data. The price information will then be available in a BOM report.

Message 3 of 7
faraj1357
in reply to: metal_pro2

thank you metal pro2 but i ve already tried that. the problem with it is that Autocad report puts an Apostrophe sign in front of the number so, for example, when i put 15.65 in user on in the report file i ve '15.65 and when i try to change the format of the cells in Excell to Currency this ' sign prevents the number to be shown like $15.65. what can i do to fix this issue?

Message 4 of 7
kghew1

Hi

Save your report in CSV format first, then open it in Excel - all the apostrophes will have gone away.

Keith H

Message 5 of 7
faraj1357
in reply to: kghew1

Thank you kghew1

this solves the Apostrophe problem.

Message 6 of 7
algerj

Hi Faraj,

You can export as CSV, or you could fix the database...

You can change the Cell type in the Access Database directly...

Select the column, then Go to Datasheet > Data Type & Formatting > Data type Drop down

(change it from "text" to "currency").

Then when you export to excel its already in the format you wanted. 

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 7 of 7
faraj1357
in reply to: algerj

i dont have Access in my machine so i can't try it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost