AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding PLC Modules

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aikorob
746 Views, 3 Replies

Adding PLC Modules

I needed to add some new Allen-Bradley 1769 analog modules. I have suceeded in doing so, but I have questions about the process I used.

1. In the ace_plc.mdb database, added module information to the table: allen-bradley_1769_analog input

2. In the ace_plc.mdb database, added module information to the table: allen-bradley_1769_analog input_Data

3. Opened PLC Database File Editor under the Schematic-->Other tools tab, and entered attributes and terminal types

4. Went back and added module info to the default_cat.mdb

Were all of these steps necasary? Or is there an easier way? Everything works fine, and the modules insert properly, but it seems like a convoluted process.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
electricman1
in reply to: aikorob

Your procedure is a little vague. Did you cut & paste a similar module or recreate one from scratch?

Note: Right-click on a module in the PLC Database Editor for options.

Message 3 of 4
aikorob
in reply to: electricman1

a combination

first module was a 1769-OF4 4 channel analog output--I copied a 1769-OF2 and added the other needed terminals and labels. Note---there are 2 of versions you have to make---1 for current, and 1 for voltage

other module was a HI 1769-2WS  2 channel weigh module. This is actually from a 3rd party--Hardy Instruments. Nothing like this in the database, so I had to do this one from scratch

Right click in the PLC editor alows you to add new module and number of terminal------but you have to specify connection direction and labels in the following screen

Like I said, i am sure there is an easier way

Message 4 of 4
algerj
in reply to: aikorob

Why are you Copying and Pasting in the Access database?

Just use the PLC Database editor in AutoCAD Electrical. (looks like you were using it for part it any way.)

Find the Card you want a copy of right click on it select copy, then right click paste.

After that right click and Rename the card.

You may also need to change the module specs and add/remove any unnecessary terminals.

You should add the catalog number to the Default_cat.mdb, and the foot print lookup, but you only need to do that if you want to show more then a box repersenting the plc (most people just use the panel layouts for general layout and position).

I hope that helps,

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost