AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

thumphrey
Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)

Adding Hoffman Enclosure drawings to the database

314 Views, 2 Replies
12-13-2012 04:04 PM

I'm trying to add an enclosure to my drawing and it is not one of the Hoffman enclosures listed in the database. I can find a similar drawing on Hoffman's web page but I don't know how to add it to the database I have. Any suggestions?

Valued Contributor
lionSG
Message 2 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Adding Hoffman Enclosure drawings to the database

12-13-2012 06:24 PM in reply to: thumphrey

Start with the Panel tab in ACE first. 

You can use the symbol builder to create this new Hoffman panel with the intelligent attributes added.

Then you can use the Footprint database File editor to add this new panel record into your Hoffman table.

Thanks.

Active Contributor
aikorob
Message 3 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: Adding Hoffman Enclosure drawings to the database

12-14-2012 04:19 AM in reply to: lionSG

For some reason, a lot of the normal wall mount Hoffman enclosures are listed as a sloped front.

I used Hoffmans exclusivly, and usually know my part number, so I just filter the list to sort by number---so far everything I use has been there; just wrong descriptions

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.