AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Drawing to Project

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
leeb1972
452 Views, 5 Replies

Adding Drawing to Project

Hello there

I'm looking for a way to add existing drawings to a project and carry accross the drawing descriptions.

I have projects for different panel types which include 2 schematics and a wiring diagram. I use these panel types to build a project for a complete switchboard.

The probelm is when I add the drawings for each panel the drawing descriptions need to be added again.

I can export the properties from the original projects, modify in excel and import to the new project, but I find this clumsy and time consuming.

Does anybody know an easier way to do this.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathalekar
in reply to: leeb1972

Drawing description is stored in project WDP file. If the drawing is removed from project, they are lost since they are written in WDP or even an external drawing is added in the project. This is a known case to use and is registered.

For your workflow is best known workaround to cater the drawing description transfers.

Message 3 of 6
bhaaland

Make a standard project for each of the types you use, then just copy the project when you need it...

If there is not too many different panels that would be the way to go I think...

Maybe put all into one project then copy the project and remove whatever you don't need...

Message 4 of 6
leeb1972
in reply to: bhaaland

Thanks for the replies

It looks like I will have to build 'master' project with all of my panel types included. Then use copy project and remove the drawings not required for that particular contract.

Regards

Lee

Message 5 of 6
testsubject

Using "Copy to..." (accessable when you Right Mouse Click on a drawing within a project) will retain the drawing descriptions when the drawing is copied to a different project. This only works one drawing  at a time though...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 6
leeb1972
in reply to: testsubject

Thank you Bob, that could work for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost