AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a qty through textvalue in catalog lookup

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AcadE2014
404 Views, 6 Replies

Adding a qty through textvalue in catalog lookup

Hello All,

I am trying to add a count to a part in my BOM by adding it in the catalog lookup textvalue.

Under catalog number 123, I add to the textvalve, CAT01=abc;MFG01=xyz. That will produce a BOM with parts "123" and "abc" in it.

I am trying to add a qty to both via the textvalue. So when I drop in that part I dont have to remember to add the qty's manually. I have tried CNT01=3 and CNT=3 with no luck adding it to either part.

I have both CNT01 and CNT in my symbol along with CAT01 and MFG01.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Dennis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jalger
in reply to: AcadE2014

Hi Dennis,

Try adding the value to the "AssemblyQuantity" it should bump up the "Sub" quantity for the parts in an assembly structure.

Let me know if you need any screenshots, or more help finding the "AssemblyQuantity" Column in the lookup editor.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 7
AcadE2014
in reply to: jalger

Thanks James

I  might need to explain what I am doing a little better.

I have a 3 phase disconnect. On that disconnect, there are 4 items that I add with the textvalue CAT01=194R-N2;CAT02=194R-PY;CAT03=LAMA2-14-Q;CAT04=JTD-060 . Only on CAT04 do I need increase the count to 3, the rest stay at a count of 1.

With what you mentioned I think that would increase all of the counts to 3, correct?

Thanks for your help!!!

Dennis

Message 4 of 7
jalger

Hi Dennis,

Well you would add it to the catalog number that should have 3, it won't affect the other items.

(unless you use the same catalog number without 3 in other places.)

But I see that your doing it differently then I was thinking about. (My method was using Sub-assemblies)

In your case, I think you can type in QTY04=3, and it should take care of that.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 7
rhesusminus

You are doing it absoultely right.

I tried for myself now, and when I had added the MFG01, CAT01 and CNT01 attributes to the symbol, it worked.

Using CNT=3 also worked aithout adding any attribute, as AcadE saved the count in a xdata record automatically.

Only snag I noticed, was that I had to press OK on the "Edit Component" dialog before the attribute info was pushed through. When selected edit component on the symbol, the multi catalog button was populated as expected.

What version av AcadE are you running? Can you post your symbol, and the exact TEXTVALUE string you're trying to use?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 7
AcadE2014
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks,

I did try adding the QTY04 to both the textvalue and to the symbol as an attibute with no luck.

I was playing with the CNT04 and all of a sudden it started working. I found that I need to insert the symbol and add the catalog number and exit(ok) the insert component 2 times and when i went in to check it the 3rd time it was there.

I did this to 3 different symbols and 3 different part numbers now and all 3 needed to exit(ok) the edit component pop-up box 2 times before it showed up the 3rd time i checked the count was there.

The part numbers are added the first time I exit(ok) and go back to recheck it but the count needs a 2nd exit(ok) before it shows up.

Must be a bug but at least it works.

I am running ACADE 2014 service pack 1

the textvalue is as follows...I know its long and I had to edit it down because it wasn't saving, there must be a limit on number of charature that can be used...

CAT01=194R-PY;MFG01=AB;CAT02=194R-N2;MFG02=AB;CAT03=LAMA2-14-Q;MFG03=PANDUIT;CAT04=JTD-060;MFG04=LITTELFUSE;CNT04=3;DESC1=60AMP;DESC2=DISCONNECT;RATING2=CLASS”J”;RATING3=F.L.A.;RATING4=KA S.C.C.R.;RATING5=60AMP;RATING6=480VAC;RATING7=3 PHASE;RATING8=60HZ

thanks again for your help

Message 7 of 7
rhesusminus

The TEXTVALUE field is limited to 255 characters in the database.

Not sure what happens if you increase this using Access, but it might be wroth a try?

Might cause problems when migrating the database later on....

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost