AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Rung - Can't see it.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Vahees
1911 Views, 10 Replies

Add Rung - Can't see it.

Hi,
I had to add a rung in my ladder but when I try to add a rung in a ladder, I see the message “1 inserted” however I could see no rungs added. My ladder width is 4” and the spacing is 1”. My grid is 1” and my snap is 0.5”.
What is the setting I am missing here?
What are the other settings I should watch for when play around with ladders?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
amt_controls
in reply to: Vahees

Just a quick check. Do you have any of your onsnaps on?
Message 3 of 11
Vahees

Hi,
The onsnaps were on so I turned off every thing, but still it didn't show the inserted line, and same as I mentioned above, it shows "1 inserted" in the command.
mm...what else?
Message 4 of 11
penmouse26

Just checking, is the current layer turned off?
Message 5 of 11
Vahees

Hi,
Forgive me for a silly question. How do I know weather current layer is turned off or on?
Message 6 of 11
penmouse26

Just below the Folder Icon (Upper left corner of the display) you should see the light bulb and to the right the name of the current layer. If this light bulb is not on you will not see and lines drawn. You may also check to see if the default wire (rung) layer is turned off. Too the left of the light bulb you should see what looks like a stack of papers icon. Click on that and you'll get to the layer properties manager dialog. if any light bulbs are off indicates the layer in not being displayed. Hope this helps.
Dave
Message 7 of 11
Vahees

Hi,
Thanks for the details. The layers are ok, they look as they should be.
My problem is, I could add a wire between 2 rungs manually, and its visible. Only the add rung is not working.
Message 8 of 11
penmouse26

Sorry I don't think I can be of any help without seeing the drawing. If you want to attach it I'll look at it this evening.
Dave
Message 9 of 11
Vahees

Hi,
Thanks a lot for trying to help me here..
I attached the file now.
Message 10 of 11
penmouse26

Your sample Test.dwg has rungs on each line number.
I erased the rungs using the wire cutter button. Added 4 rungs using the insert rung button. All worked fine.

If you are trying to add a rung in between the line numbers you need to draw a wire. Insert rung will only place a wire on the line number.
Dave
Message 11 of 11
Vahees

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the analysis and the reply.
I remember inserting rungs in the ACE tutorial and that's why I try to do it. Now I went back to the tutorial and got your point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost