AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Add PLC Module Descriptions from External File

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
r.scott
585 Views, 1 Reply

Add PLC Module Descriptions from External File

Howdy All,

I'm trying to populate PLC Point Descriptions from an External CSV file (from the "Edit PLC Module" window).

When I select my file, I am prompted to select a single line from the CSV spreadsheet to populate that particular I/O point's description.

Is this the only way to populate the Descriptions per point?  In the time it takes me to move to the next point,pull up the external file again, find the row that coordinates with that I/O point on my CSV list, and choose the specific descriptions.....I could have just copied and pasted the descriptions directly from the spreadsheet.

I have hundreds of point descriptions to plug in....is there any way to populate the module without going through this process for each point?

I've attached some screenshots just to show the number of steps to go through for each point vs copy/paste.  Thanks in advance.

Ryan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
electricman1
in reply to: r.scott

This site helps sort the descriptions, but is intended for use with the PLC Spreadsheet I/O Utility:

www.RackLayout.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost