AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add footprint record dialog box

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ADD_123
329 Views, 1 Reply

Add footprint record dialog box

How the ICON Menu button in the Add footprint record dialog box is used to get the footprint?

I entered ACE_PANEL_MENU.DAT filename in the Icon Menu File Name edit box of the Footprint Lookup Icon Menu Page Trigger dialog box and then selected the reqd category from the list of submenus displayed on choosing the List button. Next, on choosing the OK button in this dialog box, the ' Record Added .....' prompt is displayed in the command prompt. Then, i tried to insert the same footprint  for the same record in the current drawing by using the Manual button( in the Schematic Components(active Project) dialog box) but the message 'Icon Menu Data Problem' is displayed, as attached below. Can anybody help me?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathalekar
in reply to: ADD_123

I believe that you are talking about ICON MENU WIZARD to add footprint or circuit in the ICON Menu dialog box. This is typically used to add circuits/components used most or frequently in the project.

1. Invoke ICON MENU WIZARD

2. Select "ACE_PANEL_MENU.DAT" by clicking in Select Menu File dialog 

3. Choose "Component" from add to add a component footprint in the icon menu

4. Fill in Name of the component that you expect to show up in the ICON Menu of panel, Image preview that you want to have (PNG & SLD files format supported) using browse or use either PICK or ACTIVE to create the preview for you. Now fill in the DWG file name which contains your panel footprint which you want to use as frequently used footprint

5. Click on OK to create the footprint addition in Panel ICON MENU

6. Invoke Panel ICON menu to insert the recently added footprint in the drawing. 

The addition is an update to the icon menu DAT file. This file is a text file and see yourself to add files. We recommend you to back up the file if you want to edit the DAT files from Notepad or Notepad++ editor. Typically advanced user perform such operations to suit their requirement. (Caution is highly recommended for this kind of edits).

Hope i have understood your issue and gave resolution as above. If not please drop me an email on my official email address mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com to explain in case with steps and video if possible. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost