AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
april_herr
Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)

add attributes

87 Views, 1 Replies
11-29-2011 02:29 PM

I am trying to make a generic stretchable nameplate and I am going through the steps in the help menu, but I'm really having trouble figuring out how to add P_TAG and the 3 DESC.  Help- please!

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)

Re: add attributes

11-29-2011 03:20 PM in reply to: april_herr

Symbol Builder can handle that for you, or you can type ATTDEF to add them via plain AutoCAD. You can add an attribute to an existing symbol by using the Add Attribute command.  But if all you want to do is stretch a 3 line name plate, just insert the one from the library and use the Stretch PLC command from the Schematic menu tab.  This command was once known as Stretch Block, because it can actually stretch any compiled block, in place.  I used the CUI Editor and added a copy of Stretch PLC to my Panel menu tab and renamed it to Stretch Block.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.