AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Recorder badge appears without having invoked action recorder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
process_solutions
442 Views, 2 Replies

Action Recorder badge appears without having invoked action recorder

I occasionally have to quit AutoCAD Electrical 2015 & Restart in order to get rid of the Action Recorder badge at the cursor position.  I am unaware of somehow invoking the action recorder command either via command alias or any other method such as accidental click etc, but at least once a day, my crosshairs tell me that I'm continually recording an action even when the command is not active.

Is there a known cause of this?

Regards,

Sean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The command to start the Action Recorder is ARR and it is possible to to start it by mistake. Especially if you use the classic array command.

To stop it just type ARS at the command line and cancel any attempt to save unless you wish to save what has been recorded.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for your response.  My current PGP settings for action recorder functions are:

ACRR,      *ACTRECORD
ACRM,      *ACTUSERMESSAGE
-ACRM,     *-ACTUSERMESSAGE
ACRU,      *ACTUSERINPUT
ACRS,      *ACTSTOP
-ACRS,     *-ACTSTOP

This is because I have other custom functionality similarly aliased designed to avoid accidentally triggering action recorder & also in response to having the badge appear for no apparent reason.

I can tell the command isn't actually active when I see the badge in those circumstances because each time it appears when I didn't want to see it, I issue the "ACTSTOP" command to which AutoCAD responds:

"** ACTSTOP command only allowed during recording an action macro **"

It is at that point I have to quit & restart AutoCAD just to maintain sanity to ensure I am not actually recording an action macro.

I'm tempted to simply turn off badges, as I understand a system variable was provided to do just that, but I LIKE to see the Action Recorder badge when actually recording actions.

I've actually had what I feel is a ridiculous amount of trouble with all Action Recorders that have been released AFTER ver 2010 which is the last Action Recorder that worked the way I would expect with faithful reproduction of the recorded actions.  If anyone is an expert at solving curious issues related to the Action Recorder, I'm also having the following problem with it:

LINK TO MY PRIMARY ACTION RECORDER ISSUE:

elaborated w/Autolisp examples

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-general/action-recorder-fails-during-autolisp-powe...

original post - apparently nobody else either tries this or has experience this

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/action-recorder-playback-reliability-with-chtex...

Thanks again for trying to help Man Happy

Regards,

Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost