AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcePmComServer?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Tim_L
735 Views, 3 Replies

AcePmComServer?

Hi, 

We are using ACE2011 on a network server accessed by several XP workstions.  I have been getting an error that reads, "A software problem has caused AcePmComServer to close unexpectedly."  Can someone shed a little light on what this means?  I would like to explain this to our IT department but I am not sure what to tell them.

Thank you

PS - does anyon have a release date for ACE2012?

Sorry for asking two questions in one post.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Tim_L

Try below solutions:

1. close and reopen ACE2011 on the network server and check if AcePmComServer still has this problem ?

2. if still has this problem, try to patch hotfix from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16173592&linkID=9240738 to check if AcePmComServer still has this problem

3. i see your ACE2011 on a network is accessed by several XP workstations, does it mean that your ACE2011 is set up for multiple user ? if yes, please go to help document: Advanced Productivity -> Set up Autocad Electrical for multiple user topic to if check your configuration is correct.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
pjfontes
in reply to: Tim_L

Does a Hotfix exist for ACADE 2013?

I was told by a re-seller that upgrading from ACADE 2010 to 2013 would solve this issue.  Well, we upgraded and we still get random failures. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
mathalekar
in reply to: pjfontes

Hello,

Can you help us by sending the error report ? We will check the details. Please send us project to check the issue at mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com

I have few questions around setup on which you are working (i suppose with ACADE 2013).

1. Do you operate in shared working environment ? (Libs / Catalog Database & project in shared working environment)

2. Have you tried to work with the same project on different machine which has ACADE 2013 and still can see the PDS error issue ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost