AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ace_plc.mdb in shared location...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robbm2k
482 Views, 4 Replies

ace_plc.mdb in shared location...

i'm looking for what i need to change in wd.env or another file so that ACADE looks to a shared network location for the PLC database. I've done this successfully with the catalog database, but can't find what to change for the PLC database. thanks in advance...
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: robbm2k

What we've done at my work is rename the original MDB file (ace_plc_ori.mdb). Then in the Support File Search Path put in the path to your network location for this file. ACE will be able to find this file when working with PLCs, and all users will "see" the same file and any changes that have been made.
Message 3 of 5
robbm2k

Where do i change the support file search path? is that in the wd.env file?? and if i change the support file search path, what else is going to look to that directory?? do i need to make anything else located in the same folder?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Go to Tools>Options, and select the far left tab FILES, then the top item on the list, Support File Search Path. Click Add, then Browse, and locate the folder where your MDB file is on the network and click on it. ACE will then look in that folder for the MDB file.

To rename the original MDB file, it is in C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\Acade 2007\AeData\Plc
if you are using ACE 2007.

You don't have to change the ENV file for this, nor do you need to locate any other files in this folder. I have some custom PLC symbols, so I also have them in my network folder along with the MDB file. That way I don't have to copy them with each new release of ACE.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

keeping in mind that there is never a dumb question...along the lines of the PLC.mdb, I have added some PLC modules and updated my databases. Now I am going back (worked several times before today) and in the menu the manufacturer does not show up...where might I find the menu file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost