AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE has suddenly changed the scale on my icons - sacrifice the chickens!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Gavin_Duffy
397 Views, 3 Replies

ACE has suddenly changed the scale on my icons - sacrifice the chickens!

Its time to sacrifice chickens again and read the goat's entrails....

...for some reason I have managed to upset the Gods of AutoCad Electrical again and my icons now look like they are from Lilliput, even on existing drawings in unrelated projects so it looks like its a global change.

The Green arrow shows what I had and I was happy with, the red arrow demonstrates what I get now for the same connector.. Smiley Mad

Lilliput icons.png

Basically every icon is now tiny, what have I done wrong... yes I'm a newbie...

Please be gentle Smiley Happy

Gavin Duffy
Electrical Engineer

Avid Technology Ltd.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gavin_Duffy
in reply to: Gavin_Duffy

Right I think I have got it sussed what I think is happening is that AutoCAD has defaulted to JIC symbols rather than IEC... why it has done this I don't know, maybe I didn't sacrifice enough chickens, goats or cows...

No if there was an easy and simply way of using the right icon libraries that would be great, y'know, "I want to change library, that one will do 'click' job done"

nope looks like it's  "at the rise of the moon on the night of the summer solstice with the blood of 1000 virgin fruit flies...." time again.

Did they ever figure the term "intuative"...

Gavin Duffy
Electrical Engineer

Avid Technology Ltd.
Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Gavin_Duffy

If you look at the attachment, you will see where ACADE check the project properties for which symbol library to use.

Mine shows that the libraries are located at J:\Autocad\Blocks with the as2 library under that directory.

I also have the iec libraries in that location but very rarely use them.

If I did need to use them, I would add them above the as2 listing but below the main directory for the blocks.

ACADE will search in the order that directories are listed, my settings will look in the \Blocks directory and then the \Blocks\as2 directory.

Check that the project settings are pointed to the correct library.

IEC has two libraries (IEC2 & IEC4) with the only difference being in the scale of the blocks. One being designed for A2-A0 sheets and the othe for A3 ond smaller.

If you need to swap a library after doing a dwg, check the Swap/Update block tool. Under 'Option B' there is the facility to change all the blocks from one library to blocks from a different library.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 4
Gavin_Duffy
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

Many thanks for the info, your answer partially sorted the problem but hasn't completely sorted it if that makes sense... connectors are now the right size but the text is huge.

I suspect the real issue lies between the keyboard and the chair (PEBKAC) Smiley Wink

Your answer did fill in some blanks.

Thanks a lot.

Gavin

Gavin Duffy
Electrical Engineer

Avid Technology Ltd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost