AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE BOM to item numbers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
robertstbl
538 Views, 5 Replies

ACE BOM to item numbers

Currently when I generate my BOM report per drawing the Item number column is not filled in. When I am inserting a component I do not put an item number on it. Is there a way to do this when I insert my BOM? This way I can add my bom in the drawing from excell and ballon in item numbers?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lionSG
in reply to: robertstbl

Hi,

Did you try the import/export data tab and export the panel components to spreadsheet (excel) first?

Then edit the item number in excel and import back to the drawing again.

Add the balloons to the necessary panel components with the correct item numbers.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
robertstbl

Ok I just tried that but did not see anywhere to specify the item number. I currently am running a report for BOM in the active drawing and tried to edit the item number. Then inserted a ballon and then it asked me for an item number, how can you link the item numbers in the colum to the ballon. Attached is the drawing in question.

Message 4 of 6

There is an Item Number Resequence utility on the Panel menu tab.  Version 2011 enhanced this such that item numbering can be alphabetical by manufacturer.  Version 2013 further enhanced this so it back annotates schematic components with the associated item number from the panel layout.  I always assign item numbers project wide using this utility.  It takes seconds and is perfectly sequenced.  I sort my BOM my item number and, since the item numbers were assigned alphabetically by manufacturer, the manufacturers are listed as AB, ABB, etc.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
robertstbl

Thats what I was looking for THANK YOU!!!

Message 6 of 6

Hint: If you wish to assign item numbers to subassembly parts, you must set this up in Project Properties on the Components tab (see attached screen capture).  Note that you can only assign item numbers to subassembly parts that are assigned via the Multiple Catalog, not subassembly relationships that are created using an Assembly Code.  Either use the Assembly Code method or the Multiple Catalog method for a project, not both.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost