AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE 2015 DEPOLYMENT

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KOBI1912
268 Views, 1 Reply

ACE 2015 DEPOLYMENT

I USES THE DEPLOYMENT TOOL to install ace 2015

and i need help with the Following

1. where to put  the DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL in net so all users can share ?

2. how to set all userd to share the :ACE_IEC-60617_MENU.dat & ACE_IEC-60617_MENU.dat

3.is it possible to set my pc to work with 2 profile 1.  in net (when in office) 2. localy (when out)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: KOBI1912

You might want to visit my web site and study the section on networking the software.  It is not as complicated as you may think.  As for the default_wdtitle.wdl, I suggest storing it in the project folders.  It is small and this ensures that when the projects are copied to create new projects, the file gets copied as well.  Hint: Name it projectname_wdtitle.wdl.  The Copy Project utility will rename it to match the copied project's name.

Libraries and menus can be shared by copying them to the network location and setting the project properties for Menus and Libraries to point to this location.  Hint: You can set the default paths for libraries and menus in the wd.env file (located in AeData folder), so users can click the Default button in project properties to re-assign the library and menu paths for a project to the network path, if necessary.

I cover all of this and more in the admin portion of my AutoCAD Electrical training course.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost