Distinguished Contributor pwk
Distinguished Contributor
pwk
Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)

ACE 2011 64 bit / which update

190 Views, 1 Replies
11-15-2012 08:47 AM

Hi,

I have a co-worker who is having a strange problem with ACE 2011.  I see that there are two updates available from the Autodesk website.  On the website, these are called "Update 1" and "Update 2".  It says that you should only install Update 2 after you have already installed update 1.  There is also a different setup file depending on whether you are running 64 bit ACE or 32 bit ACE.  Can anyone tell me how I can determine whether he is running 32 bit or 64 bit, and which (if any) updates have been installed?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 2 (182 Views)

Re: ACE 2011 64 bit / which update

11-15-2012 02:56 PM in reply to: pwk

Generally, the 32/64 bit version depends on which operating system you are running.

Right click on the My Computer icon in windows XP or the Computer tab in the start menu in Vista or Win 7. Now click on the Properties in the box that pops up. This will give you details on the system. Look at the Operating System and if it's 64 bit, it will say so.

If there is nothing there about 32/64 bit then you are running 32 bit.

Now you just download the two update files to match the operating system.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.