AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE 2010 x64 unable to communicate with project database service

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mjkasper
1604 Views, 10 Replies

ACE 2010 x64 unable to communicate with project database service

After installing on Winodws 7 x64 I receive the subject error.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled.

Further details from the project database service:

Unable to connect to Access database 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\user\PP113446-10.mdb'
-----------

I can create & delete files in the subject directory... even attempted a blank dumby mdb with the same error.

HELP!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: mjkasper

I am sorry you are having trouble. This is not my area of expertise so I have forwarded this on to someone else here who should be able to help.

I will keep an eye on this posting to make sure it is followed up on.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
MinKeng

Hi mjkasper,

Can you please start Windows Task Manager and check if acepmcomserver8 is running?

Remove all the MDB files in support folder and relaunch the application and see if it is working.

Thanks.

Regards,

Min Keng

Message 4 of 11
mjkasper
in reply to: MinKeng

This is ACE 2010...

AcePmComServer7.exe is running. Should this really be AcePmComServer8?

Erased all MDB's earlier - still not luck

Message 5 of 11
MinKeng

Hi,

Can you please send us a snapshot of the task dialog? Database jet engine may not work properly due to some 32bit application running in x64 OS. We need you to try the following:

1. Go to task manager and check if acepmdb32.exe is running with acepmcomserver7.exe?
  2. If it’s not running, please execute %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\Acade 2010\Acade\x86\acepmdb32.exe manually.

Thanks,

Min Keng

Message 6 of 11
mjkasper

acepmdb32.exe  was not running.  I started it manually - but still receive the project database error.

Attached snap shot of task manager is after I manually started acepmdb32.exe.

I also restarted ACADE, rebooted computer the started acepmdb32.exe, then attempted to start ACADE... all with no luck.

Message 7 of 11
MinKeng

Hi,

Can you please see if the following steps resolve your problem?

1) Exit AutoCAD Electrical
2) From Start menu select ‘Run’ or go to a command prompt
3) Type in:  ‘regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjet40.dll’ and press Enter.  

You should receive a Succeeded message
4) Type in:  ‘regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjetoledb40.dll’ and press Enter. 

You should receive a Succeeded message

Thanks,

Min Keng

Message 8 of 11
mjkasper

After registering both DLL's, restarting the computer, manually starting AcePmDb32.exe, then starting ACADE I still receive the same error... unable to connect to the project database.

Message 9 of 11
mjkasper

any more suggestions?  My work is backing up and I NEED to get ACADE working....

Message 10 of 11
MinKeng

I am getting some engineers to work on this for you. In the meantime, is there any other machine that can get this working first?
Message 11 of 11
mathalekar

Hello,

We checked ACE2010+SP1 on Win 7 x64 bit. The software works just fine and can communicate with project database without any issues. The OS  configuration that we are testing is Win 7 x64 Enterprise. We would like to seek some help to understand configuration that you are working with.

I assume that you are experiencing this issue recently and prior to that it was working as expected ?

Are you experiencing the same problem on other machines as well if you have similar setup ? (If any)

Please feel free to communicate on mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com to provide details directly if you feel so.

Regards,

Mayuresh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost