AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE 2006 Toolbars

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MartinLee
173 Views, 6 Replies

ACE 2006 Toolbars

I have an issue with my custom toolbars. I have to move them into the locations where I want them each time I start ACE 2006. When ACE 2006 is started, the toolbars have been relocated to some preset location. What's up with this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MartinLee
in reply to: MartinLee

Isn't there anyone in the vast world of ACE that has a clue on this? I suspect that I'm missing something simple here, but if there is no solution to this, then gimme back the MNU format.
At least I can deal with that format. Is there training available for CUI?

I alos have another post regarding wire gaps, or the lack thereof, with no response. These two items may not seem like much, but I've got several users who will pitch a royal fit about this, so if there are no answers available, I'm hard pressed to implement ACE2006 to the others. ACE2005 works quite well, so I don't have much incentive to use 2006.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Martin, I am unable to reproduce this. Can you send me your .cui files at
pat.murnen@autodesk.com. Also, did you try the suggestions from the other
thread AutoCAD Electrical 2006 toolbars?

Pat Murnen
(Autodesk)

wrote in message news:4863894@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have an issue with my custom toolbars. I have to move them into the
locations where I want them each time I start ACE 2006. When ACE 2006 is
started, the toolbars have been relocated to some preset location. What's
up with this?
Message 4 of 7
MartinLee

I have another user here at McKee now working with ACE2006. He does not have this problem, so it must be a setting somewhere. We both access the same CUI file on the network. I haven't seen the other threads on toolbars, so I will go looking. Will send my CUI file, but I don't think that is the problem.

Thanks.

Martin
Message 5 of 7
MartinLee

OK, folks. The issue seems to be in the menu files loaded. I unloaded, then reloaded the menu CUI files, and now everything seems to be OK. I had another post a few days ago regarding the menu bar missing Files, Tools, etc., And I think that in trying to correct that (by loading/unloading menu CUI files) that I messed something up. Would be nice to have a better understanding of the CUI files.
Message 6 of 7
rday

We have been having problems with this for some time. One of the Mech Engineers running Mech2006 had modified her tool bars and got the invalid CUI file error. We copied all of the CUI files from a known working install and this did fix it. She modified them agian and got the same error. We think... this only happens when she creates a custom "fly out". The last time she got the error I copied only the "acadmfly.cui" and this seemed to fix it. Maybe someone at Autodesk could look into this. Message was edited by: rday
Message 7 of 7
MartinLee

Another thing that seems to be related is that the menu used when you type MENU at the cmmand line must match the menu specified in the Options>Customization Files>Main Customization File. I discovered that mine were not matched when I once again had problems with the toolbars staying put. One was ACAD.CUI and the other was ACADE.CUI. I supposed it is asasumed that these will always be the same, but if you change the menu at the command line, it looks like that could cause problmes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost