AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACDE 2015 when updating PLC Modules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
egrigg
380 Views, 2 Replies

ACDE 2015 when updating PLC Modules

Thank you in advance for any assistance, while updating the PLC database to include Siemens PLC's I ended up with this error twice. I dont know what is causing this.

Install Crash.PNG

Regards,

Erik

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Certified Professional
Autodesk Product Design Suite, Ultimate 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matt116
in reply to: egrigg

I didn't have that same issue but when I tried to added MFG's it completed ok but they were still not added to the database and when I would re-run the installer to added the MFGs it would say that they were all ready installed so I do believe there are some issues with 2015

My work around was to install ACADE on a VM with all the MFGs selected then copy the PLC database file over to my main instalation of ACADE

Message 3 of 3
jalger
in reply to: egrigg

Hi Erik,

Most of the time this error is received if the database is open or in Use (typically by AutoCAD Electrical).

In 2015 the database is also linked to Inventor.

So make sure you shutdown, AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, and MS Access, before attemping the Database update.

You may also want to restart the computer to let any unfinished changes process. (so you start fresh).

I hope this helps,

James Alger

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost