AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE2013 copy project not working

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
robbm2k
657 Views, 8 Replies

ACADE2013 copy project not working

I'm having an issue with the 'step 4' dialog box for copying projects in 2013 ACADE. The prior popups for browsing work fine, but when setting the basepath for the new drawings, nothing happens when I click on the browse button. I've checked using both alt-space followed by M to make sure it wasn't off-screen, and even used a screen monitor to keep track of all windows open to make sure it wasn't located off-screen. It just seems as though nothing happens when i click browse, i can click browse again or any of the checkboxes, more proof that it isn't a missing pop-up box.

Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
johnq
in reply to: robbm2k

Hi

If I understand you question correctly:  You are trying to copy a block of drawings and have them be sent to the new project with new drawing numbers as a group of drawings.

I have used 2010  & 2012 and the copy project has taken a step backwards.  May be there is a process that I have not discovered.

In 2010 when I wqas copying project A  to  project  B  I could rename the drawings  using a FIND and Replace  drawing numbers and a all would happen automatically as a batch.

In 2012  I only can copy one drawing at a time and change to the new file name.

Cheers  John Q

Message 3 of 9
algerj

Hi Iomaxx,

I have seen instances in non-updated ACADE 2013 where the dialog boxes open behind the currently opened window.

(So you have to Alt-Tab like crazy, hoping its the one that gets displayed, when you switch to ACADE again!) 

This seems to happen more often when you have one of the MDB's open.

SP1 usually fixes that issue.

If you have installed the Service Pack (SP1) and still have the issue then you have 2 likely culprits:

1.  A corrupted install of the product. (usually happens if the product crashes while editing a database directly in acade or indirectly in MS Access).

2. A corrupted project that you are copying from.

Most of the time copying a corrupted project using a working projects settings (like wd_demo) actually fixes the copied project.

However if you use the broken projects settings (where you pull the project setting from) it will break the project that receives its data. 

I think its more likely a corrupt install as the dialog box is not even appearing.

Try running a repair on the install from the Control Panel > Programs and Features . 

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 4 of 9
algerj
in reply to: johnq

Hi John,

Find / Replace is still in Copy Project (its on the very last screen).

I have 2011 - 2013 currently installed on my machine (I'm part of the reseller channel), and when PDSU 2014 is released I will install 2014.

It works fine in all of my installed versions.

I have the latest service packs installed on all my versions... So I would start with service packs if the button simply doesn't work.

On the last Screen you have the edit and Find / Replace.

You can edit the drawing path with the Find / Replace tool if you toggle on "Include drawing path".

ACADE_Copy_proj_find-replace-1.png

Here is the result of a normal find replace (without the Drawing Path). (demo changed to 0000)

ACADE_Copy_proj_find-replace-2.png

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 5 of 9
robbm2k
in reply to: algerj

Well I went ahead and did both a repair and reinstall and neither worked. All other functions of ACADE work. I created a fresh 2013 project file (WDP) and then added a new file to it and tried copying that project, and that didn't work either...

I can manually type in the path for the new drawings, or do a find/replace in the next screen of the copy project utility, but it seems strange that it stopped working when it was OK a few weeks back...

Thanks for the options though...

Message 6 of 9
robbm2k

here's a picture of the step where the browse button doesn't work...still nothing after reinstalling ACADE...

Message 7 of 9
algerj

Hi IOMAXX,

Can you still type a path in?

The other thing I see is that it is a network path...it could be a slow network.

Have you tried coping the project to a local drive then using the copy project tool?

At the very least I would try changing the project that you are copying the settings from, to a local project on your machine.

I have found that network based copying can cause "interesting" results. 

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 8 of 9
robbm2k
in reply to: algerj

i can type paths in just fine, and i've tried placing the original project and drawings locally, but the issue is that when i click the browse button, the screen flickers like it tries to run a command, but nothing happens. the box isn't missing, because i can still click the buttons in the copy project setup box. typing the path isn't a huge issue, just concerned if other browse boxes might stop showing up...

Message 9 of 9
algerj

Hi IOMAXX,

If possible can you log in to your machine as a differenct user?

Then try running the command.

It could be a corrupt script file in the roaming profile, (which could be an easy fix).

Let me know,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost