AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE not doing an auto update

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
plcedziu27
211 Views, 1 Reply

ACADE not doing an auto update

I have been using AutoCAD Electric for years, and it has always been working fine. Today the software was not autoupdating during either deleting a component from the schematic (which would prompt me if I would like to update drawings such as my panel layout and delete that component from my panel layout), moving circuits (which would prompt me to update my tags), and or copying or moving components (which also would prompt me to change my tags). What would stop ACADE from doing these built in functions of updating automatically? I am using ACADE 2012 SP1.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: plcedziu27

One common cause of problems like this is the dwg you are working on is not in the active project. I've been caught with this and so have a lot of others.

Another cause could be a corrupted project database. Try shutting down ACADE and deleting the MDB file for the project in question. ACADE will recreate it when you next open the project.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost