AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE Ignoring wd.env settings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dbrblg
440 Views, 6 Replies

ACADE Ignoring wd.env settings

I am running ACADE 2013 and have made some changed to the wd.env file which are being ignored.

WD_MENU,Z:/Config/Support/ACE_IEC_CUSTOMMENU.dat,to override default schem icon menu
WD_PMENU,Z:/Config/Support/ACE_PANEL_MENU.dat,to override default panel layout icon menu

I have changed the following two lines yet when I click on the Icon Menu button, I still get the default menu.

I have:

1) Tried restarting ACADE

2) Ensured the lies in wd.env are NOT commented out

3) Ensured the files which the link is pointing to actually exist.

I am sure the wd.env file is being read as I can see it under the AutoCAD Electrical environment settings file when I Righ-click > Settings on the electrical project.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AcadE2014
in reply to: dbrblg

Might want to do a search for WD.ENV and make sure the one you are changing would be the first one in you search pathes. I simply deleted all other WD.ENV file because I was having the same issue even with the needed ENV file listed first.
Message 3 of 7
dbrblg

I removed any extra wd.env that I could find.  

To prove the one which was left is the one being read I uncommented a line of code which was never uncommented in the others before deletion - 

WD_OPEN_DWG,(command "_.ZOOM" "_E"),AutoLISP prog or expression to autoexecute when dwg opened from PROJ dlg

and then restarted ACADE.  I again checked the settings and cound this command in the list and is enabled although the funny thing is that it too does not work!!  When I open a drawing it does not center in the middle 😞

I definately know which file is being read (looked at at least by ACADE).

Yet another setting in the wd.env which is ignored. Smiley Mad

Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus

The settings for the menu files in WD.ENV does not automatically set the specified value as the default value for all/new projects.

It only makes the saetting available for "quick pick".

If you select Schematic Icon Menu File, and press the Default - button, the setting you specified in the WD.ENV file will be inserted here.

Capture.png

Regarding the WD_OPEN_DWG setting that doesn't work. When you open a drawing and press F2, doesn't it say

Command:
Command: (COMMAND "_.ZOOM" "_E")
_.ZOOM
Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or
[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: _E
Command: nil

on the command line history?

Is there any possibility that you can attach your WD.ENV file (via a ZIP-file maybe), to a post here?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7
dbrblg

Thanks for clearing up the menu 'mystery'!!

Unfortunately the command window shows nothing - I would have expected it to show something related to the zoom command being activated but I also wondered whether the command was not echoed in the command window as some arent.

I have attached the wd.env as requested.  Because of the menu problem being solved, I've essentially reset the file to its default state all bar the zoom command which has just been uncommented otherwise it is as standard.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
rhesusminus

I'm sorry to say that your WD.ENV file works fine here.

I opened a drawing by double-clicking it in the project manager, and a Zoom Extents command was issued as expected.

So, I have to ask the question... Exactly how do you open your drawing? The zoom xtents command wil not be triggered if you open the drawing using the standard AutoCAD open drawing dialog.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 7
dbrblg
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

I'm sorry to say that your WD.ENV file works fine here.

oh dear Smiley Frustrated

I'm opening it the same way as you are by double clicking on the file in the project manager.

I'm looking to install 2014 shortly so i'll try it in there and see whether that makes a difference.  Thanks for giving it a try Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost