AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE freezes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mako68
474 Views, 5 Replies

ACADE freezes

Hi,

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 (and also 2014) has following bug: It freezes when trying to assign catalog information to PLC I/O point.,After clicking OK I got the following message to the command line (see attached file). Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

mako

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mako68

Hi Mako,

Why are you changing the Catalog lookup on the I/O Point?

I would suggest placing/creating a new PLC with the PLC database.

If all you want to do is change the Model number text (and leave the i/O points the same....  for example - you want to change a 16 point "A card" to a 16 Point "B card") then you can Change the catalog Entry on the first point.

or simply Type in the known Model number for the B variation (usually a Voltage Difference and Nothing else).

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 6
mako68
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Can't you make a PLC I/O point acting like parent object - define catalog information etc. then add another PLC I/O point (child) and use parent/sibling and link it to this parent?

What is the purpose of this catalog lookup button if it does not work?

mako

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Mako,

Are you making a Custom PLC, Modifying an existing one, or building a PLC from individual I/O points?

Depending on what your trying to do there might be a much better way to create your PLC.

Let me know the intent of the Design is and I can suggest the best way to make the PLC.

(I.e. Why do you want a Parent child link? Is it for sharing PLC data across several sheets?)

Regards,

James Alger

Message 5 of 6
mako68
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, trying to build a PLC with individual I/O points and pick the MFG info from database. Then add another PLC with individual points and define next available I/O points...etc

Don't want to use the parametric method for building PLC's.

is there any sense with this,,:)

/Mako

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Ah Breakout blocks... nice.

Ok to make those work properly you will need to create a parent (VPLCIO1_custom.dwg), and and a child block (VPLCIO2_custom.dwg). The true parent -child realationship should give you what your looking for.

Right now your trying to feed it the catalog data twice so its not happy.

Since these are custom blocks you will make them in the Symbol builder, you can use PLC I/O Point as the connections (expand the wire connections and look for "Others") but do not use it to store the catalog data.  

If you expand others you will see the "Insert Wire Connection" dialog box and you can change the Terminal Style to "Fixed PLC".  you will have to start the custom component as a Vertical parent and use Generic [GNR].

when you save the component using done at the end just make sure the naming convetion is followed and you shouldn't have an issue. (see the screen shot below)

PLC_Custom_Block.png

Just as a quick break down to make it easier for you: (if you already know then sorry for boring you to tears) 

VPLCIO1_Custom.dwg

V - a Vertical wire is the first connection

PLCIO - Links the Component to the PLCIO table in the catalog

1 - sets the component as a parent

- I like to put this so i know that there is no State ...so its not no or nc)

Custom  - the text you put at the end to make sure you have unique components

If you want to post the blocks I can check them over.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost