AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2015

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mako68
3022 Views, 13 Replies

ACADE 2015

Hi,

I Installed ACADE 2015 successfully. However, when I open it I get following message (see attached) and ACADE will crash.

Any Ideas how to solve this?

I Have Windows 7 / 64bit.

/marko

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ccad2509
in reply to: mako68

since i have installed 2015 on my computer

i get this error on 2014 when i open a none project drawing it replaces the cross hairs and all i can do is launch task manager and kill autocad electrical

Message 3 of 14
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,

Seems you got some problem with the Microsoft Access Database Engine which need to be used in ACE2015.

Here are something you can have a try.
1. Uninstall the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010, and reinstall it from the following path in your installer.
..\3rdParty\AceDataEngine\AceRedist.msi

2. If first one still not help, please Uninstall the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 and also the AutoCAD Electrical 2015, then install the AutoCAD Electrical 2015 again to see if the problem is still there.

Please let me know if you still have the issue after you uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 4 of 14

Hello,

Would you please help to check the following? It will help us to identify and reproduce the issue.

1. Can you restart you machine and see if the problem is still there?
2. Does the ACE2014 hang when this icon shows out?
3. If you open a project drawing, will this issue happen? As you mentioned, you open a none project drawing.
4. Is your ACE2015 have the same problem?
5. Can you uninstall the ACE2015, and see if the issue is gone in ACE2014?

I have the ACE2015 side by side installed with ACE2014 in my Win7 64, but I don't have this problem.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 5 of 14
mako68
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Yep, the uninstall/reinstall of MS Access Database Engine 2010 solved this..Thanks!
Message 6 of 14
testsubject

I am having trouble with a new installation. I did try what you suggested but this did not help.

My problem is that the software crashes as soon as the splash page comes up. Upon the second re-install, it did come up once, but when the computer was rebooted, the crash started again. I did submit the error report detailing what I have just stated and am posting here on the chance I get a slightly quicker response.

<edit>

New information. After reinstalling again, the first time I ran the software it started up fine. The second time I started it, a new screen popped up (Desktop Analytics Program) and the software crashes. This happenes everytime now.

I hope this new info helps.

Thanks,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 14
testsubject
in reply to: testsubject

One more thing: I am using the Try option because we do not have our new serial numbers yet. Don't know if this makes any difference...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 8 of 14
mathalekar
in reply to: testsubject

Hello Bob,

We switched to New Microsoft Acess Engine for AutoCAD Electrical 2015 from Jet drivers. You need to have healthy Access driver installaitons, so that AutoCAD Electrical can function smoothly. It may happen that, due to various reasons the Access drivers are not properly installed due to which the product crashes on opening. You may want to reinstall Microsoft Access drivers again to see if the issue gets resolved.

Secondly if you have already tried this, may we know the list of products that you have on your system ? It may happen that the Ace drivers are not instlalled due to some other products ?

We seek your co-operation to resolve this issue at your end ! We also request you to submit the crash report to Autodesk with your registered email address, so that we can investigate more on the issue that you are seeing.

Regards,

Mayuresh Athalekar

Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical Team !

Message 9 of 14
mako68
in reply to: mathalekar

Hi,
I have now problems with ACADE 2013 (installed on the same laptop with acade 2015 & acade 2014). ACADE 2013 will not communicate with the db.
Does this new Access engine support earlier releases?
/Marko
Message 10 of 14
testsubject

Mayuresh,

We discovered that the problem was due to the NVidea drivers the laptop was using. When we set it to "Integrated Graphics" and turned off "Hardware Acceleration" the problem went away.

Thanks for the help,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 11 of 14

So how do you install the 64bit version of AceRedist 2010 alongside the standard install of 32 bit Office 2010?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 12 of 14
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi @scottmoyse

If you get the error that the ACE driver cannot be installed due to the 32-bit Office, try to uninstall the 32-bit Office first, then install the 64-bit ACE driver, followed by reinstalling the 32-bit Office.

Let us know if this works out for you. Thanks.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 13 of 14
scottmoyse
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

@jeffrey.sin wrote:

Hi @scottmoyse

If you get the error that the ACE driver cannot be installed due to the 32-bit Office, try to uninstall the 32-bit Office first, then install the 64-bit ACE driver, followed by reinstalling the 32-bit Office.

That is impossible. You can't install 32 bit office components alongside 64 bit office components if they are from the same release of Office. The order you install them in is irrelevant. This is an oversight by Autodesk and the system requirements for all the products and suites it affects should be updated ASAP.

If you install an Autodesk product, which requires the 2010 ACE driver, onto a 64 bit operating system. Then Office 2010 32bit CAN NOT possibly be supported.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 14 of 14
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

@scottmoyse wrote:

@jeffrey.sin wrote:

Hi @scottmoyse

That is impossible. You can't install 32 bit office components alongside 64 bit office components if they are from the same release of Office. The order you install them in is irrelevant. This is an oversight by Autodesk and the system requirements for all the products and suites it affects should be updated ASAP.

If you install an Autodesk product, which requires the 2010 ACE driver, onto a 64 bit operating system. Then Office 2010 32bit CAN NOT possibly be supported.

As an update to this response. Jeffrey was partially correct... and so was I. The key thing here is that you have to install the 64bit Access Runtime (ACE Driver) from the Autodesk installers. The Autodesk version removes the 32bit <> 64bit check the Microsoft version imposes so it installs without error.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost