AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2015 Freezing upon closing of last open drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Pertech-LLC
523 Views, 5 Replies

ACADE 2015 Freezing upon closing of last open drawing

New install of 2015, if I try to close drawing it freezes. I can have mul;tiple drawings open, & all works fine, but if I try to close last drawing (& keep ACADE open) it hangs up. Anyone have a solution or had this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pertech-LLC
in reply to: Pertech-LLC

Installed SP2, & it has not seemed to help. It seems to be hanging up trying to make the transistion to the new "Start" page (the one showing previous drawing, etc.)  Is there a way to turn off this feature?

To better describe it, it will not allow me to have ACADE open without having a drawing of some sort open.

Message 3 of 6

Can you tell me what your current values are for these system variables - SDI, STARTUP, NEWTABMODE. There is a known issue related to SDI and STARTUP but freezing on closing all drawings is not the reported symptom I don't think. But, it sounds similar since it seems related to the start page (also known as new tab page). In the meantime, you can turn off the start page by changing the NEWTABMODE value to 0, then close and reopen AutoCAD Electrical. 

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6

SDI- 0

STARTUP- 3

NEWTABMODE- 1

NEWTABMODE changed to 0 seems to have remidied the issue.

I'm not sure if it has an effect, but most of my working files exist on a server. I tried saving the drawings I was working on to the local computer, but that didn't seem to help. I suspicion the working files over the network effecting it, but didn't get that far with experimenting before you replied. Thank You.

Message 5 of 6

Glad changing that helped. Your settings are the same as mine and I am not able to reproduce the issue.

What version of Windows are you on?

What version of Microsoft .NET Framework (you can find this in your Windows Control Panel Uninstall a program).

Do you recall changing any settings after the install?

I will report this and would like to include as much information as possible.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6

Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit

NET framework 4.5.1

I haven't really changed any settings, only working file paths, & I keep the OEM paths, just put my network paths in above them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost