AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2015 Block editor issues?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Pertech-LLC
409 Views, 6 Replies

ACADE 2015 Block editor issues?

Did a quick search and found a few issues with Beditor in older versions, but not finding anythin on 2015 (may not be just an ACADE issue, but it's what I'm working with. Search didn't find me anything for 2015 in standard ACAD either)

Short version of the story, when I go in to edit a block, it will behave as normal until I go to close the block editor. It simply will not close the editor. Not a hard lockup, there's just no work around. I can undo back completely out of it, but cannot get it to save the edit. Sometimes (irratic, perhaps 1 in 3 trys) I can do just a single change & get it to save, but never more than 1.

All help appreciated,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jalger
in reply to: Pertech-LLC

Hi Pertech,

Can you post the block in question?

I'm not seeing the same issue, in a new drawing, with a new block.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 7
Pertech-LLC
in reply to: jalger

I have tried it with several blocks actually, all same result.
Message 4 of 7
jalger

Hi Pertech,

What service pack are you running?

I'm on SP2 (J 210.0.0).

I just made a quick block and did several changes, and it exits properly.

Try Playing with the block I just generated (remove the extra lines and the arc). After making your changes save then exit.

Post an image of what your seeing if you can.

lets see if its just blocks you created that are having issues.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 5 of 7
jalger

Other then the Block editor, are there any other regular ACAD Commands not working properly?

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 6 of 7
Pertech-LLC
in reply to: jalger

SP2, V. 12.2.0.8

A little more backstory: I first noticed in modifying some ACADE generated blocks for some Panduit wireway (company policy to add a hatch to the wireway to help call out color). Then noticed it in a block I had built, attempting to add a wipeout. It behaved as normal, but when I went to close the editor, nothing happened. Never got the normal "Do you wish to save changes" message.

However..... it is now going to make me look silly. After attempting several program restarts earlier with no luck in a remedy, it is now working and I cannot get it to do it again. (I again closed out completely before opening your test drawing)

Hopefully it was a quick glitch & this will never happen again, if it does I'll try to get more information. Thank you for your attempts.

Message 7 of 7
Pertech-LLC

Well, so much for the quick glitch hopes. I've now gotten it to do it again twice.

Intersting sidenote though, both times I did a qsave while it was hung in this state & when I reopened the DWG, the changes were saved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost