AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2013 Upgrade

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
STEVENAR
482 Views, 4 Replies

ACADE 2013 Upgrade

Hi,

Can someone help me. I have installed AutoCAD Electrical 2013 and the IEC libraries are not included. When I compare 2012 libraries to 2013 there are a few missing from 2013. Please advise what I need to do to install these.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
STEVENAR
in reply to: STEVENAR

Can I say that my parent and child link relationship is not working either on my custom symbols. Does my custom libraries need to be copied over to 2013 to make the parent & child relationship function? Please advise.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5

Hello,   

If you don't include the IEC lib when install, you can go to the Add/Remove in the control panel, and add the IEC lib, just double click the ACE2013 in the control panel, and select Add and Remove, then in the 2nd page, you can select the IEC lib to install.

What do you mean a few missing in the ACE2013, can you give a example? Such as what dwg file in which folder is missing in the ACE2013?

For your 2nd question, can you copy you customer libraries into the ACE2013 lib folder as well? If you already insert the parent and child symbols into the drawings, only open the drawing in the ACE2013, it should be no problem. But if you want to insert the customer symbols, which is not in the ACE2013 lib, then you may can't find the customer symbol, need to copy over the customer symbols into the ACE2013 Lib.

Please be explain more detail for your issue, then I can help.    

Thanks,  

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5

I accepted your solution but sorry I have another question regarding installing the IEC Library, on the final screen after selecting the IEC-60617 Library, the 3rd screen, it gives a list of options and has a button called restore defaults. What do I do with this screen. Most of the list is checked. I am reluctant to proceed at this stage as I am not sure what this screen does. Can you advise. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5

Hello,    

You don't need to do any thing in that page, just leave it is, start the add/remove process.

That page has the AutoCAD components, you can add and remove the AutoCAD components in that page.  

So the first page is the Manufacture and second page is the Symbol library for the Electrical, and the 3rd page is only for AutoCAD.    

Thanks,   

Robin Shou   

Quality Assurance   

AutoCAD Electrical   

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost