AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2013 Network Deployment

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Doug.Work
578 Views, 21 Replies

ACADE 2013 Network Deployment

Hey folks.  Im running into a slight problem (ok.  nto so slight, but you get the idea).  I recently installed a network deployment of ACADE 2013, and went through some growing pains with it to get make sure everythign was working (libraries/environment files/etc).  Got it fixed, and working, until....

The guy who's computer this is is now experiencing a situation.  When he rt clicks on a block, and attempts to 'edit component', ACADE screams at him, giving him this message:  'extracting item numbers in use...; error:quit/exit abort'

Not entirely sure WHY he's getting this message, as we don't use item numbers in any of our projects.  COuld there be some setting i missed on the deployment that is causign the issue?  By way of comparison, the other machien I did this to (network deployment) works fine, and is not having this issue.  Also, when he was previously using ACADE 10 (hence the upgrade...) he didnt have these issues...

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Doug

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
rhesusminus
in reply to: Doug.Work

Just for the fun of it:

Can you disconnect the secondary monitor, and see what happens then?

It is a known fact that AcadE doesn't do well with multiple monitors.

When I use multiple monitors, i always keep AutoCAD Electrical on the primary monitor.

Also... What graphics card do you use?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 22 of 22
Doug.Work
in reply to: rhesusminus

Ok.  Heres what i did:  I ended up making the screen we (myself and the other user) use for ACADE 2013 as the primary screen, at least according to Win 7.  THAT seems to have fixed the issue of the disappearing dialog boxes.  Thank you for the help.

On a differnet note, I'm curious as to WHY it works the other way in 2010 and 2014, but not 2013.  We fixed the problem, so all is well.  Its just a curiosity, I guess.

Thanks

Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost