AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2012 Wont Finish Opening

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dennis
794 Views, 8 Replies

ACADE 2012 Wont Finish Opening

I installed ACADE 2012. It worked for a couple days and then when i opened an existing drawing i got a message saying the drawing could not be found and now it wont finish starting up; the drawing opens but the menus never finish loading and ACADE locks up. If I call ACADE from the shortcut it hangs at loading acad.dwt and ACAD hangs at checking licenses. I tried unistall and reinstall. I tried "Reset Settings to Default". I had to reformat hard drive and reinstall all software. I got it to work but until I opened the drawing again.

System Win XP Pro SP3 with all current updates

2.1GHz Single Processor

2 GB ram

73GB free hard drive space

I have attached one of the drawings that seems to cause the issue.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dennis

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dennis
in reply to: dennis

Update .. Still having problem. Tried to "Reset Settings To Default". Tried creating another local administrator account and opening ACAD 2012 has same issue; hangs at "Checking Licenses". The computer is connected to the internet when I try to start the program. If I recall, the problem started after the first reboot after install. As I said earlier I opened up drawings and was able to edit them, save them, close the programs, restart the programs and no issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Message 3 of 9
KevinLi-Autodesk

It seems a permission issue, try to turn off windows firewall or anti-virus software. If no luck, can u attach an screenshot here ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 9
dennis
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the suggestion of disabling the firewall and antivirus. It seemed to get a bit further but the ribbon never fully loads. I have to close ACAD.exe through task manager. I could not get screen shots but i did get photos (attached). Thanks for your help and sorry for not trying the solution sooner.

I did get a message after re-installing the program, something abotu not having rights to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2012\R18.2\enu\Template\  (a drawing name i cant recall).

I also tryed simple file sharing on and off (I had it off due to another programs requirements).

This computer is not part of a domain.

Thank you for your help,

Dennis

Message 5 of 9
Icemanau

The ACAD.DWT file is a standard Autocad Template dwg. and is installed as one of the many different template during the installation.

As for the permissions, this will be a Windows XP problem and not an ACADE problem. Assuming you installed ACADE as an administrator, you may have seen a popup asking if you want to install this software for everyone. You need to answer yes to this to allow proper access to the different sub folders. If you answer NO, the software installs just for the Administrator or whatever accoun you used for the installation.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 6 of 9
KevinLi-Autodesk

About the Ribbon not fully load issue, try to call command MENU in command line and load Acade.cuix file again.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 7 of 9
dennis
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Thanks for the suggestions this far, this is where i am at now.

If i do a complete uninstall and clean the registry. Reinstall, I cna get it to work until the reboot. I cant do that every time i want to sit down and use the program.  Typically once i reboot, ACADE freezes while loading the ribbon and loading the default drawing. I have to force close ACAD.exe and when i shut down the computer or restart it has a problem with lmu.exe and asks to force close it.

So i sat down to attempt this again. I disabled AV and firewall. Start up ACADE and i am now getting a license error.  Error code -157.424.0.

Thanks,

Dennis

Message 8 of 9
Icemanau

When you do the installs of ACADE, are you disablling the AV and Firewall programs?

The AV is a big problem at times with doing all sorts of installs not just for ACADE. The big problem is a lot of AV programs nowdays won't let you shut them down to do installs.

You may have to un-install the AV if you can't shut it down, install ACADE and then re-install the AV program. A big pain in the butt all around.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 9 of 9
dennis
in reply to: Icemanau

When i did the installs i had disabled the FW and AV.

Update. I got it to work and continue to work after a few reboots, but now today i tried to work on a drawing i am practicing on and i got a licensing error. Do you guys have a suggestion on this. All the installs were on the same machine and i have not given the serial number to anyone.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer.

If you are experiencing a technical problem that requires you to reactivate your product, please contact your support provider.

(Error: 11)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost