AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2012 parts catalog view problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
robbm2k
293 Views, 1 Reply

ACADE 2012 parts catalog view problem

In using the catalog lookup for items in ACADE2012, I'm trying to add a part with an assembly list item. We have assembly list items that are reused by multiple parts, but I cannot locate these 'subassemblies' in the parts catalog dialog box. I've tried clearing all the filters and sorting by part number to find them, i've tried checking the box for 'display subassembly entries only for editing' and neither shows ALL the assembly list entries that are in that table. The 'display subassembly' does show some items, but not anywhere close to all of them. I checked the default_cat database and the assembly list items are all there, they just don't show up in ACADE 2012 and how we used all prior versions of ACADE, we need them to be viewable from the parts catalog dialog box.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? Is there a setting somewhere?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
robbm2k
in reply to: robbm2k

i also want to note that when adding a new catalog item, i realize that there is a dropdown box for existing subassemblies to reuse, but with a coupe hundred different subassemblies, i need to be able to view all these subs in a parts catalog view. this is especially true if i need to make a copy of a subassembly - in the event that the sub's quantity needed is 4 instead of 3 in the current subassembly (meaning create a copy of existing sub, give the sub field - the ASSEMBLYLIST field - a new name/code, and update the COUNT field.

It would be very inefficient to have to go through the MDB in Access just to create a new part with a new subassembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost