AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2012 Panel Balloons in Viewports

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cshaffer002
520 Views, 3 Replies

ACADE 2012 Panel Balloons in Viewports

Our company is currently in the process of updating our drawing standards and drawing package templates.  We currently use sheet sets and print to dwf. from the layouts in our drawings in ACADE Project Manager.  Our department has been tasked to set up our enclosure/sub-panel templates using a single model with multiple layout tabs.  In each layout tab a viewport will be used to show a detail of the enclosure or sub-panel.

Example:

Border is ANSI D Size (22"X34")

sheet 101A - enclosure layout (viewport scale 1:4)
sheet 101B - Door Detail (viewport scale 1:2)
sheet 101C - sub-panel layout (viewport scale 1:4)
sheet 101D - Components detail (viewport scale 1:1)
sheet 101E - Components detail (viewport scale 1:1)

The issue we are having is the sizing for the panel balloons in the viewports.  I have set up the balloons for proper size using Panel>Configuration>Balloon Setup for the 1:4 scale viewport on sheet 101A.  When I go to sheet 101D (viewport scale 1:1) and insert a balloon the balloons are, as expected, to large (4 times too large).

My questions are:

1.  Can the balloons be set up as annotative?

2.  If Balloons cannot be set to annotative, What is the best way to use viewports and still use the smart balloons?

Thanks,

Christopher Shaffer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmterlap
in reply to: cshaffer002

Did you ever solve this issue?

Message 3 of 4
rwydesk500
in reply to: cshaffer002

I have a similar issue. Is there a way to make the balloons annotative?

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4
jmterlap
in reply to: rwydesk500

If I remember correctly, I found out that the balloon size can be changed for each drawing in the Panel Configuration, Balloon Setup dialog box.  See the attached jpg for how I setup two different drawings that had different scales for the viewport.  Note, all of my balloons are in model space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost