AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acade 2011 "Unable to communicate to Project Database service"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1583 Views, 5 Replies

Acade 2011 "Unable to communicate to Project Database service"

Running Acade 2011 with Win 7 x64. 

I had not used Acade for about  a month but when I started it up I got this error "Unable to communicate to Project Database Service".  

I click ok and then get this error in "Project Database Service"

"Unable to create Access database file 'C:\Users\LogMeInRemoteUser\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\user\6089451-WESTMINISTER.mdb' 

Tried a repair of AutoCad Electrical.... but samne problem.

I completely uninstalled Acade 2011 and reinstalled and got same problem, so I uninstalled agin, cleaned registry of any mention of AutocaD Electrical and reinstalled. Same error. 

Help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have not ran into this in a while, but here is something that use to fix this issue in older Window versions.

I have not tried this in Windows 7 or on Acade 2011, but it might work:

1)      Exit AutoCAD Electrical

2)      Get to a command prompt (from Windows Start menu, type in 'CMD' in the search programs and files edit box)

3)      Change to the folder:  ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64’

4)      Type in:  ‘regsvr32 MSJET40.DLL’ and press Enter.  You should receive a Succeeded message

5)      Type in:  ‘regsvr32 MSJETOLEDB40.DLL’ and press Enter.  You should receive a Succeeded message

If that does not take care of it, I might have another idea but try this first.

Steve

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I actually found this on another thread and tried it. 

Did the same thing with ole32.dll as suggested on another thread.

Regsitered MSJet dlls with no errors...same problem.  

I actually tried moving the mdb files from a different computer to the same directory location on this computer but it did not help.... same problem.

Next idea?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I got it to work....but

Here is what I did

ole32.dll

msjet40.dll

msjetoledb40.dll

Followed these instructgiosn from another thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/ACE-2010-x64-unable-to-communicate-with-project-dat...

1. Go to task manager and check if acepmdb32.exe is running with acepmcomserver8.exe?
  2. If it’s not running, please execute %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\Acade 2010\Acade\x86\acepmdb32.exe manually.

Autocad Electrical runs without errors. 

Now the wierd.  

When I close Acade and reopen the error returns. 

So...I have to close Acade and run acepmdb32.exe manually....again 

Reopen Acade and I have no errors.  

If I do not turn my pc off then all I have to do is restart acepmdb32.exe before I open Acade.

If I reboot:

I have to re-register alll the dlls again and restart acepmdb32.exe manually.

Then Acade runs without project database service errors. 

What is missing that takes care of these functions?????

Message 5 of 6
mathalekar

When i look at the error,

---------------

"Unable to create Access database file 'C:\Users\LogMeInRemoteUser\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\user\6089451-WESTMINISTER.mdb' 

---------------

It appears that ACADE PDS database services is unable to "Write" at the location due to folder permission. In general case if PDS will throw error if it come across any interruption in perfoming it's function.

Registering the PDS perhaps is not the valid solution here but to see if you can check if the folder permission are available for the user folder ?

Message 6 of 6
jmartin

When I was getting this error I went to the file path indicated in the error message, and my project .mdb file was there.  I just deleted it, then closed that project, then re-opened the project and no longer got this error.  When I went back to the previous file path, Autocad had made a new project .mdb file.

jmartin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost