AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Valued Contributor
RMichaud
Message 21 of 27 (214 Views)

Re: Acade 2011... Oh well

04-22-2010 09:35 AM in reply to: DBrohm
I just tried this myself (thanks for the tip). Oddly enuogh it isn't crashing even though the SDI value was already at 0, I entered 0 and tried the typical crash rutine of vaulting my project and they actually vaulted....no crash. No crash for changing the sheet values in the project properties dialog box either. More testing to ensue here.
Ron
Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
Darly Custom Technology Inc.
www.darlytech.com
Via Lite V3 thru ACADE 2011
Active Contributor
bludwitzke
Message 22 of 27 (214 Views)

04-22-2010 10:24 AM in reply to: DBrohm
Pat,

I zipped up a package for you to analyze. Hopefully you will get it via email. I guess I can only public share links one file at a time, and not a whole folder. If you join drop box (free account) you could access the folder. Sorry about that. The zip file is about 8M.

Bruce
Valued Contributor
RMichaud
Message 23 of 27 (214 Views)

04-23-2010 06:25 AM in reply to: DBrohm
Still crashing using project manager. Gonna do a reinstall from the CD set.
Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
www.darlytech.com
Valued Contributor
RMichaud
Message 24 of 27 (214 Views)

04-23-2010 01:15 PM in reply to: DBrohm
Working fine now. I uninstalled the Vault client and server (from downloaded versions) and reinstalled them (from cd set). I ran the repair for the application of ACADE 2011. No crashing so far.
Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
www.darlytech.com
Active Contributor
bludwitzke
Message 25 of 27 (214 Views)

04-23-2010 02:01 PM in reply to: DBrohm
I ran 2011 all day today, with fairly extensive use and it did not crash once. SDI=0. Knock on wood! We will see how it goes on Monday.

Catalog database access however was slower again, but we are still testing our file path structure.

Bruce
Active Contributor
bludwitzke
Message 26 of 27 (214 Views)

04-26-2010 12:58 PM in reply to: DBrohm
Still running with SDI=0 and no crashes.
Active Contributor
DBrohm
Message 27 of 27 (214 Views)

05-08-2010 10:18 AM in reply to: DBrohm
Well so far some "good" news.... our friends within Autodesk's technical support group have been able to duplicate one of my concerns. Specifically the accessibility of the "Misc_Cat" data table in the Parts lookup function. Without going into a great deal of detail, due to limitations, as a result of our desire to link my company's erp database (MS Access) with Acade, I had taken the company's database and was using it in Acade I had named it Misc_Cat as outlined, if you will, in the Project properties. The problem is that even though I might be editing an existing drawing the Misc_Cat table would not come up in the "Table" pull down list top centre of the Parts Lookup dialog window, I would have to "look" for it. Cause of this has been identified as a result of our "Misc_Cat" table was named using a mix of upper, and lower, case characters. When reworked to be "MISC_CAT" that part works, this is an obvious change from past versions as with 2008, 2009, and 2010 this issue didn't exist. What still doesn't work, cause of which has yet to be identified, is the "OK" button. As long as there are other data tables (CR, AM, MS etc.) to use the "OK" button is active and usable. However, when using our MISC_CAT the "OK" button is grayed out and not active, to select a part the part must be double clicked. This has also been duplicated by the tech people just, as I indicated previously, not determined why as yet. Score one for the Tech people at Autodesk and for my sanity.

Thanks to you Pat and the Tech group for the assistance thus far.
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.