AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2010 IEC Illuminated pushbutton

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
robotman2
404 Views, 1 Reply

ACADE 2010 IEC Illuminated pushbutton

How do you do this correctly ?
Under Pushbuttons-Illuminated Pushbuttons there are the contacts and +2nd lights.
Sure would seem like they go together.....Why have the lamps with no connection points ?

So what is the proper way to do illuminated pushbuttons ?

My input and output are on separate pages.

Sure seems like the easy solution is to have the +2nd light symbols be light symbols with connection points..

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RMichaud
in reply to: robotman2

I struggled with the same question. It was a simple matter to just make my own child component for this requirement using the +2nd light as the starter dwg for the symbol and adding the connection points. Rather than overwriting the dwg file I created a new one just in case someone would eventualy explain the intended usage of the +2nd light block. Though idealy, it makes no sense showing an electric lamp on a schematic without any wire connections. The only other available selection within the default symbol library I found was the pilot lights, but they are not child components. This doesn't work well with some manufacturer part numbers that sell illuminated push buttons as an assembly.
Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
Darly Custom Technology Inc.
www.darlytech.com
Via Lite V3 thru ACADE 2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost