AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD Electrical Link Command to Database

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jboiler
305 Views, 2 Replies

ACAD Electrical Link Command to Database

At the moment I am trying to duplicate the database function similar to the PLC database in the schematic portion of AutoCAD. In the Icon Menu, under PLC I/O,  PLC I/O Modules there is a menu that comes up that displays all of the PLC modules in the database. Essentially I want to create another database for VFD Drives almost exactly like the PLC Parametric Selection. I have looked at adding commands using the CUI menu, but I don't exactly know how to work with macros. I also don't quite get how creating a command will link it to a new custom database that I have created for VFD drives. Any help would be great. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sonny3g
in reply to: jboiler

Had a similar interest with Motoman Robots.  Endded up simply adding a section to the PLC database just for the Motoman I/O and created symbol geometry for the odd I/O.  My PLC database then showed all of the PLC modules that we typically used, (we deleted those that we did not use like Siemens) and the new options for Motoman.  Worked real well for us that way. 

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 3
jboiler
in reply to: sonny3g

Yeah currently that's how we have our AB PowerFlex Drives as well. We just created new sub-menus with all of the content that we needed. I am just assigned with the task of trying to figure out a way to solve this issue so that it is more intuitive for our other employees when then go to find and insert these drives.The master plan will then be to create a new icon in the Icon Menu with a menu called Drives that way when they click on the drives button it will bring up a new menu just for the drives in the same format as the PLC database. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost