AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad E Lisp issue justification change on text

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
acade2012
560 Views, 6 Replies

Acad E Lisp issue justification change on text

Hello All,

I am having an issue with a lisp routine.

The routine inserts our company title block onto the open drawing.

The issue I am having is when I insert the title block and run the title block update it changes the text justification and font on all the text.

The justification is clearly switching to bottom left but the properties still say center, same as the imported drawing.

Here's the kicker, if I run the lisp and close the drawing before running the title block update and reopen it, then run the title block update it all comes out as expected.

With this I am not sure the title block lisp is the issue.

Any in site anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.

attached is the lisp routine for reference

Thanks

Dennis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: acade2012

I don't see anything unusual in the lisp function. Do you run this on a blank new drawing? If not can you upload a drawing that I could try this on. Also, can you upload the title block dwg file? So I can try and reproduce it, include the steps you use to run the title block update. If you are using .WDT file for that can you also upload a copy of that? Maybe once I can try it using your files I will see what is happening.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
acade2012
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Here is a sample project

I have noticed the LSP will work if you delete the title block and then run the LSP without purging inbetween.

here are the steps to failure!!!

open dwg 001

delete title block

purge drawing

run LSP

Update title block (at this point it shows nothign in the title block need to close drawing and reopen to see text changed to left justified)

steps to sucess

Open dwg 001

delete title block

run LSP

update title block

or 

open dwg 001

delete title block

run LSP

close and reopen dwg 001

update title block

I know the easy answer is not to purge drawing but that is a common custom here!!!

thats what we are running with now but it would be nice to know what is happening.

Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

This one is a puzzle. There is no problem if you do everything on a new drawing. It all works fine including your lisp file and the Title Block Update. 

But if it is done on your existing drawing then the problem appears. And it isn't your lisp function because even if I insert the block myself using the INSERT command the problem is still there when I run the Title Block Update. So I can't say for sure if the issue is the Title Block function or even your title block drawing but something on the existing drawing combined with the Title Block Update function is causing it.

Blocks and attributes are somewhat out of my area of expertise so I am going to ask someone else to look at it. Maybe I am just missing something obvious. So if I get any answers I will get back to you.

Sorry I couldn't solve it right away.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
acade2012

Thanks Pat,

Im far from an expert but I didn't see an issue with the LSP or drawing.

let me know what you find out.

Thanks Again

Message 6 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

It seems to have something to do with the text style but since this is out of my area of expertise I am not sure exactly what. If you don't purge the drawing of the Italic text style then the Title Block Update works fine. 

I will send this on to someone else  but it might be awhile before we hear anything.

Some things to try would be to use different text styles to see if it makes any difference. Maybe define the text styles within the lisp function prior to inserting the block.

Let me know if any of that works. 

Sorry I wasn't more help,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
acade2012
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

No problem I will try it and see what happens Thanks again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost