AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad E 2015 System Printer crash

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dennis
272 Views, 6 Replies

Acad E 2015 System Printer crash

I have installed the 2015 AutoCAD Electrical, and every time I go to plot useing the System Printer PC3 or a direct print to a system printer, I get a crash.  Anyone else having this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: dennis

Are you trying to plot in the background?  So far, no one I know has been able to get that to work correctly in both 2014 and 2015.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 7
dennis
in reply to: sonny3g

Not just in background.  Even if I do a PREVIEW of the plot using SystemPrinter.PC3, I get the crash. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
jalger

Well I guess you just met the first person with it working.

I have Background plotting and publishing enabled and it is working for both 2014 and 2015.

it wasn't working until I set a page setup, so the optional page setup really isn't "optional"  I set it to "Previous Plot".

Here is a screen shot of my settings:

Plot Project-1.png

I printed 7 pages in the background with no issue real issue.

I also created a new PC3 file to see if the issues occurs with custom made PC3's. It seems to be working.

I did see an issue with it ignoring my Landscape setting (but it was overrideen by my Page setup).

Run a test print on the WDDemo Project and see if the Crash still occurs.

Also Try the PDF one and see if its is Crashing on that one.

Do you get any messages or does it just crash with no error meassage?

Let me know,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 7
jalger

One more thing,

On the first Plot i had to configure the page setup, since i had it set to previous plot.

Watch the Command line on the first plot, it will ask 2 or 3 questions then perform the plot.

I don't remember what the Prompts were, and since I setup it up it no longer asks...

I hope that helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jalger

James, I just tried plotting to system printer with a project created in previous versions and I too am having zero issues.  The drawings were created from a template I use for my training classes.  It includes the Drawing Properties and Common Wire Types I normally use.  I have the template set to default to using the AcadE - DWG to PDF.pc3 file (as shown in the attachment).  I usually plot to PDF but I'm not having problems printing to the system laser printer using release 2015.  In fact, it is smoother than with previous releases.  I saved the template, in a previous release, with the Page Setup configured for plotting to PDF from model space, but when I print I just select the system printer instead.  Some people don't realize the benefit of setting up their plot preferences ahead of time and saving this as part of their AutoCAD Electrical template.

I never had any issues with release 2014 either, but 2015 produces the PDFs faster and smarter.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
dennis
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Well, seems this may be just internal for my company.  Appears no one else is experiencing the problem with the system printer.  It only happens in AutoCAD Electrical 2015, not in any other AutoCADs 2015 nor in the 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost