AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about new EATON content and mm dimensions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
541 Views, 5 Replies

about new EATON content and mm dimensions

Hi,

Thanks for the new EATON content.

But, after the installation, I don't find the mm version of the footprints !

I know I can produce the mm version with AEUPDATESYMLIB and the correct parameters.

Could you provide the mm version for the next packages ?

BR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You don't actually need mm versions of footprints. Autodesk only added that folder a couple of releases ago. Just go to the Panel tab and click Configuration, in the Other Tools panel. You can set a permanent scale of 25.4. I have this set in my IEC templates so I never even think about footprint scaling.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi Doug,

I used this method until it has been possible to draw directly in mm (Ok for 25.4 when scale is 1, but 12.7 for 1/2, 6.35 for 1/4, it is not fun for end user).

It's easier when you can draw new footprint in mm.

You don't have to scale it in inches before you save it in the lib.

BR

Message 4 of 6
dougmcalexander

I have to have footprints that work for both inches and mm since I do work for U.S. and European customers. So I always draw footprints in inches and scale for IEC. But if you only design in mm I can understand your wish.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
mathalekar

Hello Bruno,

We have no separate directory for MM scaled panel footprints. However @dougmcalexander  post is reliable way to handle the use of MM scale footprint. I shall see if i can do something quickly to have MM scaled footprints.

Message 6 of 6
vladop

You should try AEUPDATESYMLIB command ( Schematic tabOther Tools panelSymbol Builder drop-down Modify Symbol Library ).

Make a copy of the library folder, than call AEUPDATESYMLIB command, select the new folder and use "Re-scale symbol" option.

I think that 24.5 is opposite to what you want to do.

Modify symbol library.png 

Regards,

Vladimir

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost