AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AB 1492-jd3fb issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
afutterer
882 Views, 6 Replies

AB 1492-jd3fb issue

We have numerous applications where we will use a jd3fb terminal block from AB.  The component is a 2-tier terminal block where the top is fused and the bottom is straight through.  There is no part for this in the library at present.  How could I create this device and use it in schematics while still allowing it to work with terminal label reports, terminal strip builder, wire to-from reports and the other utilities?

tony

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: afutterer

I modified a copy of the standard fuse block. Halved the graphics size, added 2 circles at the end of the fuse lines and renamed it using the terminal standards. Did this twice, one vertical and one horizontal (see attached) and then added both to the Termial section of the insert menu.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
afutterer

Brad,

I will try this out and see what happens.  I imagine that I will need to create a terminal block footprint and update the footprint lookup table to make this work.  Also, will I enter the fuse under multiple bom, and will it show up as a rating in the footprint and schematic drawings?

tony

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau

There is a rating attribute already on the block so if the Rating is in the TEXTVALUE in your database, it will automatically be inserted.

We use Weidmuller brand terminals and I actually spoke to the Rep in our state and he provided ACAD dwgs for the majority of their products. I just added the appropiate attributes to make the footprints ACADE smart. I suggest you get in touch with AB and see if they can proved anything similar. They may even already be in the footprints provided by ACAD.

You will need to update the footprint lookup list as well if you do your own dwgs or source them yourself from AB.

I have only added the most common used ratings of the fuse type we use to the catalogue database and the additional components to the assemblycode/list boxes where required.

Regards Brad

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
gary
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

I have the same issue, but your block does not seem to address all the connections on the 1492-JD3FB.  It would need 2 for the fused connection (preferably wire # change), 2 for the pass through (no # change) and one for the ground.

Your post on using duplicate jumpered TB #'s with the same wire number was very helpful

Gary

Message 6 of 7
gary
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

Just realized I am using the 1492-JDG3FB (Grounded Version)

Gary

Message 7 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: gary

For the second level of the terminal, you add a seperate schematic block. Electrically they are seperate entitys.

Once the two blocks are in the dwg, right click on the one that will be the top, select Terminal from the menu and then Associate. This tells ACADE that the two blocks are part of one physical item.

NOTE - the first block you choose will be the top, the second block will be the the next level down and so on.

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost