AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
David_S_Barrow
428 Views, 3 Replies

3D Move

When I'm creating a 3D panel layout in AutoCAD Electrical 2011, if I decide to move an object using the AutoCAD Move command, whilst the object is on my cursor. I change my point of view using the orbit command all the other Objects in the drawing disappear? Which makes it impossible to use any other geometry to position my object.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: David_S_Barrow

If you have an object selected, it will isolate once you begin to orbit. That is a natural feature.

If you are issuing the Move command, THEN try orbit, it should continue to show everything.

Try turning Hardware Acceleration off to see if that helps.

Is the item you're moving close to the items you are moving to? If not, then maybe orbiting is just swinging the object off the screen.

Message 3 of 4
David_S_Barrow
in reply to: LyleHardin

I select an object to move it. I then use Shift + Middle Mouse button to rotate the display, the whole model stays visible whilst I'm rotating it but soon as I release the mouse button and shift key the rest model vanishes, leaving the part I'm moving which stays visible on the cursor. Turning off the hardware acceleration doesn't cure the problem just makes the model rotate very slowly.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
s.wile
in reply to: David_S_Barrow

Since this is more an AutoCAD question you may have better luck posting it over on the that group.

Stan Wile

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost