AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Phase Wire Numbers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
484 Views, 2 Replies

3 Phase Wire Numbers

Any plans to improve the 3 phase wire number functionality? It would be ideal to use wild cards (%S, %D, %N . . .) to increase efficiency. Also, it would be ideal to select the entire rung and automatically number the circuit with a suffix like A,B,C,D, . . . See the attached screen capture.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you submit an example of how you use the 3 phase wire number tool and what the results look like?   I am still creating my 3 phase wire numbers manually.  I would like to find a method to automatically generate the wire numbers.  

Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

I have used the layer override in the wire numbering tool.

I have 5 layers for each type of the most common 3 phase circuits that we use.

For example layers,

Red Primary Protection CT

White Primary Protection CT

Blue Primary Protection CT

Black Primary Protection CT

Earth Primary Protection CT

These are used for CT's that are connected to primary protection devices. Local regulations have thes with a prefix of A and numbered 10 to 29 for Red, 30-49 for White, 50 to 69 for Blue, 70 to 89 for Black and 90 for the earth.

So a set of wire numbers from the CT would be A10, A30,A50,A70 AND A90.

In the layer override, I have the following entry for the Red Primary Protection CT. Similar entries for all the other layers as needed.

Wire Layer Name : Red Primary Protection CT

Wire Number Format: A%N

Starting Wire Sequence:10

Wire Number Suffix List: <left blank>

Now all I do is hit the tool to automatically number wires and it goes through and numbers everything as I require.

I do however, double check and adjust as needed due to limitations in the software.

The attached jpg shows an output for an overcurrent CT.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost