AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-line components missing from icon menu

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jsenn
461 Views, 3 Replies

1-line components missing from icon menu

We have just started using the 1-line feature in acad electrical 2013 and we don't get the selection for them in the menu.  I see them in the video for the 1-line instruction help but they are not in mine.  I have looked in the install directory and found the wd_menu.dat file that came with our 2013 install and the menu table entries are not in that copy either.  How can I get them into my menu.  It is very time consuming to browse to each one.

Thanks,

Jeff Senn

Scot Industries Inc.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tee.Dee
in reply to: jsenn

Just a guess but it sounds like the path for your shematic library is still pointing to that of whatever previous version you were using.

Right click on the project name and select properties and change the "schematic icon menu" path to the 2013 one (sorry not sure what that is as im still using 2012)

Also add the path for the symbols under "Schematic Libraries"

This will have to be done for any projects you are still working on that have been created in your previous version so its a good idea to adjust all the paths in your template project if thats the way you do things in order for any new projects to be correct.

Message 3 of 4
jsenn
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Thanks Tee Dee,  After your reply I took another look.  I found the problem to be that I was using the wd_menu.dat file when I should be using the ace_jic_menu.dat file.  That must be the one they are updating.  Not sure why the still provide the wd version.

Thanks again, Jeff

Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: jsenn

One thing about the project files is that each time you update ACE, you have to update the project files to point to the new filepath location.

Imstead of having to do this each time, I copied the *.DAT and *.mdb files to a folder on my server so that all the projects will always point to the same location and I only have update the data files on the server when new releases come out.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost