AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD_TB title block attribute alignment issues

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
CADUQ9TS
1556 Views, 22 Replies

WD_TB title block attribute alignment issues

Looking for help with a title block issue.  Currently the title block will not insert all the lines in there correct place as was setup.  If possible, how can this be realigned?  The fields don't seem to fix the problem no matter what they are changed to.  See attached items for reference.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Icemanau
in reply to: CADUQ9TS

Check your Title Block setup. It may have been corrupted depending on the method you used.

From looking at your screen shots, you used the WDT file for the setup as there is no sign of a WD_TB attribute in the title block.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 23
CADUQ9TS
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for replying, but that is not the case.

Message 4 of 23
jseefdrumr

I had an issue sort of like this a while ago, I fixed it by deleting the WD_TB attribute and re-running the title block setup command.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 5 of 23
CADUQ9TS
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Thanks, that worked.  Just too bad it only fixes 1 drawing and not the entire project.  I have to go through every drawing and redefine the block.  At least the template is fixed so no more problem in the future.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 23
jseefdrumr

I think you can use the Swap/Update Block command even on title blocks. That will save you from having to do it drawing-by-drawing because that command can run on the project level.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 7 of 23
CADUQ9TS
in reply to: jseefdrumr

The block is in the .dwt file.  I had to pull it out as a single block for that.  I just stumbled onto another problem though.  After updating the block, I ran the title block update and it won't change anything when run project wide.  But if I run the update on a single drawing it works.  Any ideas as to why that is happening?  I have closed ACADE to try and fix the problem.

Message 8 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

Did you manage to solve this.  I am having the same issue. For the active sheet the title block updates fine however the other sheets in the set have their alignments moved and thrown around. I believe its a font style issue however have not yet found a fix. 

Let me know if you have any more info.  

Thanks.  

Message 9 of 23
rhesusminus
in reply to: JOHN.GOODYER

If you look at your text styles, are you missing any of the fonts needed for the text styles?

This normally happens when the wrong font is used. The justification of the texts are based on the size of the text, written with a specific font. If that font is missing, and substituted, it'll keep the old justification data, that are off.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 10 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER
in reply to: rhesusminus

Sorry but how do I check what fonts I have. I was able to select the font in AutoCAD.  It is Tahoma. 

Message 11 of 23
rhesusminus

Type STYLE on the command line, and select the different text styles listed on the left side of the dialog.
Then, check the font-drop down, to see if any of the text styles are using a font that's missing (marked with a yellow warning sign)

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 12 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

No I believe they are all there.  The font is in the drop down and there are no yellow markers.  

Its odd that they are all the same text but only some get moved. It keeps the drawing number and title lines perfect however really struggles with the date and serial number section. 

Message 13 of 23
rhesusminus

Any chance you can share a drawing here?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 14 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

As in the whole project or just a single dwg? Or the template file?

Message 15 of 23
rhesusminus

Just a single dwg with the problem.
Remove everything you want to remove.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 16 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

I have attached 2 drawings to show how they are being moevd about.  If you clickon each bit of text and reslect the alignment in text preferences it puts it where it should be and ATTSYNC works but I have to do this every time for every sheet.  

Message 17 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

Any Assitance is really appreciates.  For now I am running an LISP file in the project utility to attsync each sheet at the end of the project.  

Thank you. 

Message 18 of 23
rhesusminus

I can't see where this has gone wrong unfortunately.

Only tips I have is to create a small script that can be run on all drawings using the project-wide utilities.

The script would be something like:

-ATTSYNC
Name
TITLTITLE_INVENTOR

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 19 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

Thats currently what I have running. 

If I find the solution I will post it. 

Thanks for your time. 

Message 20 of 23
JOHN.GOODYER

Why do I need the - before ATTSYNC?

Thanks.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost